By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Sunshine or Super Mario Galaxy

Which one you enjoyed the most?

Galaxy 146 70.19%

Sunshine 62 29.81%

Total:208

Not to mention, I miss the voice acting of Peach, Bowser and the other characters. I felt the voice actors did a good job.

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Around the Network

Galaxy, no contest.

Sunshine was a huge step backwards compared to 64, luckily that was rectified with Galaxy. Sunshine's level design was uninspired and uninventive. All thanks to FLUDD, which made any type of real platforming mute. Any and every problem was solved by just hovering over. The best levels in that game, by far, were those where you didn't have FLUDD.

64 > Galaxy >> Galaxy 2 = 3D Land > Sunshine

Galaxy, without a doubt. One my favorite games ever, if not my favorite.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

McDonaldsGuy said:
1. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (9.5/10)
2. Super Mario Galaxy (9.3/10)
3. Super Mario Sunshine (8.8/10)
4. Super Mario 64 (6.5/10)
5. Super Mario 3D World (5.4/10)

Hahaha

wow tough question..the galaxy games are near on perfection and polished within an inch of their life. However Sunshine had such a good setting, open world exploration, fludd and those remixed old skool soundtracks on the retro stages...can i toss a coin??

Around the Network

Galaxy...
While I found the prankster comets, they weren't nearly as lazy as the blue coins lazily thrown about Isle Delfino...
And don't get me started on that terrible pachinko level...
My main problem with Sunshine is that I don't think it feels like a finished product...

Have a nice day...

The first Galaxy is my favorite 3D mario game. Even prefer it over Mario 64.

Galaxy out of the two. Mario 64 out of all. I want a sequel please. I've been patiently waiting for 17 years........I've grown weary.

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

Galaxy 2 beats them both, and Mario 64 crushes them all easily.

But if I had to chose between the two, I guess I'd go with Galaxy.

That waterpack thingy felt gimmicky, and I wasn't really into the environments in Sunshine. If felt like I was playing a game for 8 year olds.

Galaxy, but that certainly doesn't mean I didn't enjoy Mario Sunshine. It was my childhood.