By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - US Fast Food Strike - i hope you guys survive it..

Do people realise that your Happy Meal could get a buck more expensive? but that doesn't really matter when they are going to replace the front staff by Touch screen for ordering..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:

Do people realise that your Happy Meal could get a buck more expensive? but that doesn't really matter when they are going to replace the front staff by Touch screen for ordering..

i was gonna say something about this it took all the way until this last comment for someone to bring it up.  This will destroy jobs, and in places where it doesn't destroy jobs it will increase the prices.  Who is that gonna effect?  The exact same kind of people that are working there.  Not only that, but these people that cannot get a better job than mcdonalds are the exact people who are gonna be screwed and lose their job.  Those that work hard and do a good job will still get their job and these are the same people that are going to move onto a better job eventually anyway and probably don't need the help.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

I worked for HP as a service tech working on $100,000(mainframe style) machines and was being paid $13.91 an hour. $15 seems fair for a guy flipping burgers, there job seems really hard. Yeah if I screw up I could cause a infrastructure shutdown of on of the US's major banks, but if those guys mess up they might have to put down another batch of fries or mop a floor.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

CDiablo said:

I worked for HP as a service tech working on $100,000(mainframe style) machines and was being paid $13.91 an hour. $15 seems fair for a guy flipping burgers, there job seems really hard. Yeah if I screw up I could cause a infrastructure shutdown of on of the US's major banks, but if those guys mess up they might have to put down another batch of fries or mop a floor.

you can go work for mcdonalds then and make more money you see.  The economy is much more efficient that way.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Yes, Good move, good move.

Even though McDonald's jobs require minimum skill and education, and can by done by anyone with a partially functioning brain, their employees should still make enough to live off of. I mean, every job should pay their employees enough to get a decent home, car, and cable television on their own; it doesn't matter how simple the job is, or how many young teenagers would gladly work for many minimum wage, or how many bad decisions the employees made in life, etc. If you work - don't matter what you do - you deserve this.

Around the Network
Zappykins said:
You know, In N Out burger starts their employees at 13/hour in California - nearly 5 bucks above minimum wage. They also have better service than either of the other companies. They might be on to something.

Thanks! Will try to survive.

and better food.

Though at the same time... if the In-N-Out burgers in Cali are anything like the ones in vegas they deserve that much more pay.

Everytime i go to in and out there are like 40 numbers ahead of me

Mr Khan said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Mr Khan said:
NobleTeam360 said:
How about the government just increase minimum wage to $10.00 per hour instead of the $7.25-$8.50 currently.

Because we're not Communists, thank god.

Well we must be since there is a minimum wage to begin with.

If only we truly placed our faith in the Invisible Hand. Our nation of apostates and false prophets have suffered by defying its guiding force.

It is worth noting... Germany has no minimum wage laws.

Fast food workers are paid minimum wage here and that's only $7.50/hour.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Give employees higher wages and raise fast food prices. It's a fair trade. Who eats so much fast food anyway?

I say the more money people make, the more money they'll spend. The less they earn, the less they'll spend.

CDiablo said:

Everyone is being underpayed. Jobs should pay not only for how hard they are but for how profitable the business itself is to the community. I bet fast food chains are the most successful businesses where you live, yet they pay the least.