By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu early numbers in for 2/3/08

Legend11 said:
@Avinash_Tyagi

It's not really a big PS3 release at least in Japan.

No, that's not true. The console should have seen at least some sales increases, given the bundle, and the vast amount of units the game sold. Such a small increase is a dissapointment for the PS3, to me, and I don't see how it happened, honestly. I have no choice to but not believe those hardware numbers until I see a second opinion.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Any mention of Wii fit sales figures?

No but it should be between 97k and 56k. 

Well yes, but where in that range is where i'd like to know so I can know if there was there a liimited supply of the game this week

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

+1 for ZenfoldorVGI

Time to Work !

How can Wii Fit sell between 56-97k when it's not showing up on anyone's list? It looks like they didn't ship any units in last week... strange.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Louie said:
bigjon said:
Oh... so these aren't the official numbers?

Yea there is no way the PS3 only had a 5k increase in HW, I expected the Wii to be well over 130k too... mainly due to NA's hw lowness.. if this is true where is that 1.8 million production? It certainly is not sitting on theshelves.

Well, last years Wii sales have stabilized at around 260k units a Week. Last weeks sales have been 312,000 units worldwide and this week will see sales of around 340,000 units. 

That´s a big increase over last years sales. As I said before it is probably Nintendos limit at the moment.  

I would think that there limit would be 450k... then I realized that my simple calculation was flawed I was doing 1.8/4.... but January had 4.4 weeks so its max should be about what? 400k or so...

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

@bigjon,

but you also need to account for nintendo stockpiling some for Christmas, or big game releases.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

DarkNight_DS said:
How can Wii Fit sell between 56-97k when it's not showing up on anyone's list? It looks like they didn't ship any units in last week... strange.

nah its true, it did between 56k and 97k, i expect 70-80k~

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

fishy, i can't see anywhere on the site where you got those hardware numbers, translated everything

edit : got them, nevermind

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Louie said:
bigjon said:

Yea there is no way the PS3 only had a 5k increase in HW, I expected the Wii to be well over 130k too... mainly due to NA's hw lowness.. if this is true where is that 1.8 million production? It certainly is not sitting on theshelves.

Well, last years Wii sales have stabilized at around 260k units a Week. Last weeks sales have been 312,000 units worldwide and this week will see sales of around 340,000 units.

That´s a big increase over last years sales. As I said before it is probably Nintendos limit at the moment.

Yeah, but 340,000 a week for a year is less than 1.8 million units a month.(It's around 1.4/1.5 mill a month)

Since we can safely assume the Wii is selling out, we're gonna end up undertracking the Wii near the end of december, UNLESS they are stockpiling, or producing less units than they claim.

It's likely, imo, that we are undertracking the Wii by a few 10,000s here and there, throughout the year, just like last year, if I'm not mistaken. Because, while we were well within the margin for error, I don't think the Wii passed the 20,000,000 mark until well in to January, when Nintendo released information claiming they passed the 20,000,000 mark sometime in December, is this not correct(it could possibly not be correct, I am not collaborating with facts, just off top of my head).

Also, again, the PS3 had a sales increase the week in Japan. If its not showing up, I'm gonna have to get my head around how these numbers are wrong. Considering how much PS3 software sold this week, compared to a regular PS3 week, those numbers are godaweful. 36,000? Why? It HAD to get at least a noticable boost, or I gotta be going crazy. Disgaea AND DMC, and both sold magnificantly. Is the PS3 userbase not growing in Japan? Are these purchasers early adopters? 

NO NO, NO NO NO.

bigjon said:
Louie said:
bigjon said:

I would think that there limit would be 450k... then I realized that my simple calculation was flawed I was doing 1.8/4.... but January had 4.4 weeks so its max should be about what? 400k or so...

Yeah, assuming no stockpiles, we should track at around 400k a week, guestimate.(actually, it's probably about 380)

That does put each week at 360 or 370k in the margin for error though. The dissapointment this week, was we assumed lower numbers from earlier in the year were being stockpiled for the Brawl release and apparently they weren't. I think the december shipments, for January, were being shipped out the door as they were made, in smaller shipments, and Nintend must just now be getting over the holiday console rush.

NO NO, NO NO NO.