By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will There Be Any Game Better Than The Last of Us This Year?

So from this thread people expect GTA V to be better than TLOU?...So many people are going to be disappointed.

Around the Network

95 is usually an unbeatable number. However if GTA5 is as gigantically overrated as GTA4 was that could take the Metacritic #1 spot, undeserved.

I don't think any of the other games this will reach that high.

For me personally though, while The Last of Us is very good (only played a little over an hour of it, but still), no game has any chance, because there's a new Zelda on the way! That wins by default .

dsage01 said:
Aldro said:
jamesmarkus87 said:
Grand Theft Awful V will probably take all the GotY awards. Like its predecessor, critics will probably give it a 10/10 before they've even played it.

Anyways, as much as I adore The Last of Us, I still ever-so-slightly prefer BioShock Infinite.

Source: www.gotypicks.blogspot.com

2008:

1. Fallout 3

2&3. MGS4 & GTAIV (tied)

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=149333

GTAV is the only one that has a chance. MGSV isnt releasing this year as far as I know.

Nevertheless GTA IV is the highest rated game of all time  on consoles and (I'm not including Zelda OOT because it doesn't have enough reviews). And it was very strange how fallout 3 which didn't recieve the same level of critical acclaim won.

Indeed. Very strange :P.

But at the same time, 2010 went to RDR which had 95 meta whereas ME2 had 96.

Meta is a very good indication but there are a few exceptions here and there.

Most notably because the score is from different reviewers most of the time.

Say a guy called Adam plays GTAIV and he feels its a 10. Then there is Tom who plays GTAIV and feels its a 9. Both work for say.. IGN. Tom had already had dibs on being the one to review GTAIV. Therefore the game recieves a 9.

There is an element of luck involved wether I like it or not. Ultimately a good game will try to gather as much 10's from as many people as possible which will still give it an amazing score. But when speaking at the level of 98 metacritic => Some luck is needed. Not to mention nowadays there is always those two or three sites that truly stand out and bring down the average.

In theory one cant really say "IGN GAVE IT 10" since its one guy reviewing it and not the entire IGN crew. Not that it stops people from saying that xD Hell I even do...

Just a fun thing to keep in mind! Thats all.

ZackNormandin said:
The Last of Us is already promised numerous GOTY awards by the end of the year.

2014 belongs to Smash Bros 4 though. My Prediction.

Are you serious? 

dsage01 said:
So from this thread people expect GTA V to be better than TLOU?...So many people are going to be disappointed.

there 2 completly different games. I don't expect GTA V to be better from a technical standpoint,but I expect it to be way more fun.

Around the Network
Aldro said:

Nice website.

Ewwwwwwww @ 2012 Winner

I'm surprised Portal 2 and Mario Galaxy 2 received such a little amount of awards in their respective years.

morenoingrato said:
Aldro said:

Nice website.

Ewwwwwwww @ 2012 Winner

I'm surprised Portal 2 and Mario Galaxy 2 received such a little amount of awards in their respective years.

2012 was nice! Shows that the industry can appreciate the -small- games :P

Skyrim really stole the thunder in 2011 and ME2 + RDR worked together to do the same in 2010.

grand theft auto 5 will be my bet. But who knows?

After watching the gameplay trailer,  think GTA5 is going to take it.

The Last of Us is going to atleast be nominated and might take atleast one GotY somewhere out there, but most GotY awards will probably go to GTA5.  It's unfortunate for any other game this year.  Blame it on the publishers.  They're releasing their games the wrong year to win GotY. 

Angelus said:
ZackNormandin said:
The Last of Us is already promised numerous GOTY awards by the end of the year.

2014 belongs to Smash Bros 4 though. My Prediction.

lol no

Well if TLOU isn't going to win, it'll at least be nominated highly. I'd love to see GTA V win though. 

And I still think Smash Bros. will win or at least be nominated next year. The effort they're putting into it is phenominal.

Nintendo Network ID: Scrumptious

3DS Friend Code: 4141-2615-9052

Circle me on Google+