By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I've decided NOT to buy super smash brothers brawl

I'm HOPING I'll be able to prioritize better, as I've already pre-ordered, but seriously, if you think you're at risk of distraction, by all means, avoid the risk.

My goal is to work towards simply unlocking characters, seeing what's the same and what's different between characters, and then getting a solid working of a good handful of characters, maybe try to master Marth, or find someone else I like.

I'm hoping to get Kirby, Toon Link(in NES link costume only), Marth, Ike, Peach(Daisy Costume), Pit, and then maybe Rob, Sonic, Olimar and Samus.

Of course, the biggest issue is to not put myself on a time limit, just simply enjoy the thing, try to beat the challenges that come up, maybe put it down for 3 or 4 a day, or only 1 difficult challenge each day.

The biggest issue is rationing and not giving into pressure to keep up with everyone else.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Around the Network

When I was at University, I used to have to uninstall Counter Strike during the month leading up to finals. I was a very hard studier with great time management, but I knew better than to tempt myself. I highly recommend waiting until after your work is done before buying an addictive game. Look on the bright side, you'll get a few weeks where you can do nothing but enjoy the game as a reward for studying hard.

Good idea, but I don´t think make it.

I play games and do other useless stuff literally 10 times more than I study anyway, so I can't imagine Brawl making things any worse. At worst I'll feel guilty about neglecting all my other awesome games. =P

well good luck...this will test ur Will power to the max

Around the Network
highwaystar101 said:
^ I can get distracted by things like everyone else

Ehh don't worry I'm pretty much the same (good thing I could remember stuff from classes well cause I never studied and played games insteed... but managed to get 80% scores O_o) but anyways, you're making the right decision about it.

Explosivo said:
Do you have so little self control that a video game can make you not focusing enough on studies?

NO!

...i don't.....

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Explosivo said:
Do you have so little self control that a video game can make you not focusing enough on studies?

You must be a god. I sold my N64 when I started the University and didn't buy a GC until I was in my last few months. A distraction is a distraction regardless. A video game is a huge distraction.

The only games I purchased while I was in school was Civilization III,  Sim City 3000, and Battlefield 1942. This was because I had to have something for taking my mind off of school + work + wife. Civ3 did cause me issues though. Damn super addictive game.

^Yes...video games are like drugs......once u try it once...ur hooked

Ya I might not be able to get this game considering work has been slow and im broke as a joke as of now...

But time will come and Ill be able to afford it.

Till then you guys gotta wait b4 you get your asses kicked by Ness. :)

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY