By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Suda51 wants to work on Xbox 360

From an interview he did with Next Generation (hopefully he gets a chance to make a game for it):

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8769&Itemid=2&limit=1&limitstart=2

Which platform would you like to work with in the future?

"The Xbox 360. Definitely, I want to develop on this platform. It is really easy to work with. It is also quite popular outside Japan on markets that I would like to aim at. Specifically, I think of the American market as the Major League – I would like to go there and be successful."

Around the Network

I love Suda, and as much as I hate the 360(I own one that RRoD'd, still sent away), I think it aims at the market he's trying to reach. I wish him the best of luck on anything he does, including the upcoming Fatal Frame 4 on the Wii.

I just hope he isn't dissapointed when the casual Collegeboy nubs who play Halo and Gears of War 10 hours a day, don't buy his game as much as the Nintendo fans do, but I digress.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

What happened to that game he was supposed to be making based on Kafka's The Castle? Is that still happening?

good for suda

Isn't that an older interview? I remember hearing something recently about a Suda game in or beginning development that was suppossed to be slated for the 360 but is in fact going to the Wii.

If I remember correctly he was developing no more heroes and another game for the Wii, allegedly one for the 360 and would like to do one for the PS3 (or is it the other way around with those two).

The Ghost of RubangB said:
1: Stop making shooters. Please. You're not Valve or Free Radical.
2: Stop trying to force photo-realism down my throat until you can get out of the uncanny valley. Work on style and presentation instead of just pixels and bloom.
3: Try something weird and new, and hope we like it.

You'll cut costs way more than you cut revenue, and thus increase profit.
Around the Network

Isn't he working on 'Project S' with Hideo Kojima, I hope so.

4D Gamer III said:
Isn't that an older interview? I remember hearing something recently about a Suda game in or beginning development that was suppossed to be slated for the 360 but is in fact going to the Wii.

If I remember correctly he was developing no more heroes and another game for the Wii, allegedly one for the 360 and would like to do one for the PS3 (or is it the other way around with those two).

Yeah, No More Hereos was originally supposed to be on the 360.

No More Heroes would of been god awful on the 360.

Either way he said this like... a month ago.  It was in one of the many soriku posts. 

Exactly why would NMH on X360 be so bad, Kasz?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Because No More Heroes is barely held together as it is by the Wii's controls.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
1: Stop making shooters. Please. You're not Valve or Free Radical.
2: Stop trying to force photo-realism down my throat until you can get out of the uncanny valley. Work on style and presentation instead of just pixels and bloom.
3: Try something weird and new, and hope we like it.

You'll cut costs way more than you cut revenue, and thus increase profit.

Grasshopper studios has a very small number of employee's. Don't expect his team to release anything anytime soon and when it is released I wouldn't expect it to look much better then No More Heroes. I don't know how well a low budget game on the 360 could possibly sell. It seems most reviews for 360 games talk about graphics over most everything else. He better have someone big backing him!

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.