By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Any guys here playing Fighting games?

Tagged games:

Im big on fighting games but mostly 3D fighters. I'm still waiting for a new Bloody Roar installment :(

Anyways I prefer SNK to SF but try Akuma he's badass.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Around the Network

I've only played Street Fighter on a plane ride. Kept getting killed by those "SONIC BOOM"s.

KylieDog said:
AndrewWK said:
the xbox360 pad

Haha, go stick or at least buy one of the official SFIV fightpads instead.  If only going to have the 360 controller then give up, it useless.

Yeah it spoils the fun a lot. I think I am going to buy the PS3 version. I mean its impossible to make a Sonic with this crappy d-pad and the analog stick is not a real alternative either. I mean I have been losing fights because ryu jumped when i wanted make haduken or shuryken, it really sucks for fighting games

AndrewWK said:
KylieDog said:
AndrewWK said:
the xbox360 pad

Haha, go stick or at least buy one of the official SFIV fightpads instead.  If only going to have the 360 controller then give up, it useless.

Yeah it spoils the fun a lot. I think I am going to buy the PS3 version. I mean its impossible to make a Sonic with this crappy d-pad and the analog stick is not a real alternative either. I mean I have been losing fights because ryu jumped when i wanted make haduken or shuryken, it really sucks for fighting games

Yeah.  When you're pressing the down, down-foward, foward combination on that pad the upper diagonal gets pressed when you get to foward.  I don't think even the original Xbox pad was that bad.

AndrewWK said:

I have started to play Street fighter 4 and would need som advice from experts.

Whats the easiest Character to learn?

Is a fighting Stick worth the money?

Hello Andrew.

I'm a very skillfull player of Street Fighter IV (When i was playing often i was one of the best in my country) also, i even got the platinum in SFIV.

By my experience i think Guile is one of the easiest and complete character in this game,  just try to play safe and not doing anything  risky and you can be a good match.

Of course, you need some time, and also... you need to gain experience and practice so much, but if you like the game and you keep playing that eventually will come.

Just learn when you can spam Sonic Boom, when to use Sonic Flash, and the best tactics against each character (The time will do that)

Also, practice some standard combo from Guile in Challenges.

Ah, another easy Character is Rose.

It's very deffensive but efficient character, and she has really easy basic combos (But they do so much damage) for example:

Jump Strong Punch, Down Middle Punch, Hadouken light or middle kick, then double hadoken punch (With Super) (40% life bar)

If you have no super, you can just stop in the Hadouken kick, and that will take like a 20% of life bar from your opponent.

And remember, down middle punch, is one of the best movements of Rose, and in hit you can combine it very easily. (With hadouken kick)

I hope you enjoy this wonderful game.

Around the Network

Injustice is a very well done game

TheSting said:
Injustice is a very well done game

I did not like the Kombat system all that much. The story was tough