By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U Passes 1 Million Units in Japan in Roughly the same time Frame the PS3 did

MohammadBadir said:
burninmylight said:
The Wii U will never reach PS3-level lifetime sells unless natural disasters or terrorist attacks hit Xbone and PS4 manufacturing plants. But as it's been stated many times here, don't count it out until it's big guns hit. Let's wait until after Zelda, Mario, DK, Wii Sports and Wii Party touch down.

neither will the Xbone/PS4 IMO

Mine too, but this thread is about the Wii U, and I'm trying to get better about staying on topic.

Around the Network
justinian said:

Although correct this comparison has a significant flaw. The Wii U was available in all the main markets within a month. The x360 was not available in Europe until months after the NA launch. The x360 sales you are comparing the wii u with is pratically just the x360s NA sales vs the wii u's global.

Did you just rewrite history? X360 was worldwide in Nov/Dec just like WiiU. I think you're confusing X360 with PS3 which did not launch in Europe until March.

JoeTheBro said:
Congrats wii u! I doubt it will follow the ps3 to 100+ million but we can at least expect it to outdo the gamecube, in japan.

lol ps 3 100+ million, in which year 2017= after 11 years? xD

Th3PANO said:
JoeTheBro said:
Congrats wii u! I doubt it will follow the ps3 to 100+ million but we can at least expect it to outdo the gamecube, in japan.

and your point is? 

Th3PANO said:
JoeTheBro said:

Yeah. So? What are you trying to say?

Around the Network
HikenNoAce said:
Wow, that is embarrassing for Nintendo. They do not have the higher price excuse like the PS3 did.

They do have the lack of games excuse tho. I know PS3 didnt have the best line up early on but if remember correctly it was much better than Wii U at this point.

And another thing is PS3 was one of the cheaper blu ray players of the time and alot of people were buying it for that early on and gaming was just a nice extra to go along with it.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

PS3 had no games, a massive price tag, and huge competition from the Wii. What's Nintendo's excuse?

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:
PS3 had no games, a massive price tag, and huge competition from the Wii. What's Nintendo's excuse?

No games, huge price tag in relation to other nintendo consoles, competition from PS3, japan has moved to portable, and to be fair PS3 was a cheap blu ray player at the time.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
HikenNoAce said:
Wow, that is embarrassing for Nintendo. They do not have the higher price excuse like the PS3 did.

They do have the lack of games excuse tho. I know PS3 didnt have the best line up early on but if remember correctly it was much better than Wii U at this point.

And another thing is PS3 was one of the cheaper blu ray players of the time and alot of people were buying it for that early on and gaming was just a nice extra to go along with it.

It certainly didn't have Mario, Pikmin and MH.

HikenNoAce said:
zorg1000 said:
HikenNoAce said:

It certainly didn't have Mario, Pikmin and MH.

Pikmin 3 has been out for 2 weeks and did boost sales

Monster Hunter is a 3 year old port of a Wii game that has also been on 3DS for a year longer.

That leaves basically Mario and nobody spends $350 just for Mario.