By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Forget 1080p, GET 1440p!

http://www.engadgethd.com/2006/10/17/cmo-to-ship-47-inch-quad-hd-1440p-lcd-in-2007/

"Dual-link DVI and HDMI 1.3 connections have WQXGA resolutions like this in mind, so keep an eye out for a PlayStation 3 software update to 1440p, the only true definition of HD."

Playstation in 1440p? Good stuff. Discuss.

Around the Network

Seen something similiar at a vegas electronic show ...2 years ago.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

PS3 is future proof!!! This proves it 360 and Wii are dead!!!!!! This is the end........

Seriously that's just unnecessary.

bah, thats nothing.
you should see the insane resolution I can run gears of war on my PC (i think its like 1700 X 1250)

lol is there a tv that can display 1440p that the regular consumer can afford.

Around the Network
--OkeyDokey-- said:
bah, thats nothing.
you should see the insane resolution I can run gears of war on my PC (i think its like 1700 X 1250)

You do realize 1440p is larger than that right?

First chance to surpass 1080p? You've been able to buy PC monitors at 2560x1600 for years now, and current ones even include direct HDMI support. HDMI 1.3 also supports this resolution too.

Geez people, get with the times, 1080p is low-definition these days :P

Linkzmax said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
bah, thats nothing.

You do realize 1440p is larger than that right?

no i did not.

The PS3 doesnt have ram to really push 1440p with retail games but PSN titles could manage those levels.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

tk1797 said:
lol is there a tv that can display 1440p that the regular consumer can afford.

Sony;s 4k+ TVs are $70k so.. not yet... but once their OLED TVs become affordable then definitely.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453