By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One proves itself at Comic-Con

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/jul/19/xbox-one-proves-self-comic-con/

Microsoft has a lot to prove with its new console. After announcing controversial decisions such as making the Xbox One always online and not allowing it to play used games (the company later backpedaled on those plans), as well as a steep price ($499 versus the PS4’s $399) and a confusing name (it’s not the first Xbox), fans need something to convince them to get excited for Microsoft’s next generation.

There’s rhetoric, and, thankfully, there’s the console itself. The Xbox One looks and plays great. The console is a bit smaller than the Xbox 360, but just as sleek. Microsoft’s controllers keep getting better, and the new controller is stellar. The d-pad and bumper buttons are much improved over their almost-unusable 360 counterparts, but the biggest improvement is the thumb sticks. Xbox has always had solid and comfortable sticks, but the Xbox One’s have ridges around the perimeter of the stick, which help make the controller feel more solid as well as reduce the potential for wear and tear. I never thought anyone would make a stick that feels just right, but Microsoft has proved me wrong.

The primary game being demoed is “Ryse: Son of Rome” from Crytek. The bloody Roman Empire-themed action game certainly looks next-gen, with dynamic environmental shifts and stunning lighting effects. While the game controls smoothly, the action feels a bit stilted and scripted.

The gaming community has a few choice words concerning some of Microsoft’s recent decisions regarding their new console. But sit down with the Xbox One for a few minutes, and all that ill will seems to disappear. It’s a winner, and, if it has quality software to back it up, it should have no trouble flying off shelves come November.

The Xbox One will retail for $499.

Around the Network
MB1025 said:

The console is a bit smaller than the Xbox 360, but just as sleek.

LOL, what?

ironmanDX said:
MB1025 said:

The console is a bit smaller than the Xbox 360, but just as sleek.

LOL, what?

I was about to post the same thing lol

This post says the xbone was at comic con, demonstrated one game that looks good. incorrectly describes the console size, says the controller is nice and that the console costs $499. Then it says because of the above it will fly off the shelves.

I dont follow.

Boy, that's a shitty article.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Can you post better articles please

m$ has also proven at comic-com that spiderman and spawn are the same guy.

007BondAgent said:

Sorry they are not up to your hate filled standards.

existenz1 said:

This post says the xbone was at comic con, demonstrated one game that looks good. incorrectly describes the console size, says the controller is nice and that the console costs $499. Then it says because of the above it will fly off the shelves.

I dont follow.

Well if you look at it like this what do you think.

MB1025 said:
007BondAgent said:

Sorry they are not up to your hate filled standards.

Yeah, ofcourse you pin me out, even though puggsly pretty much said the same thing

:rollseyes: