By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Are Christian American Extremist the reason it took Same sex marriage so long to be legalized in the U.S?

aikohualda said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
happydolphin said:
aikohualda said:

people have the right to be stupid.... or to have a religion.... :P

but yeah its everyone's right to practice religion as long as they dont harm anyone....

its the same as gay marriage which shouldve been legalized long time ago.....

I don't agree. Religious people can be very stupid, take a look at Fundamentalists, you know people who believe so much in something that they do mental things.  Why should they be free to practice their beliefs and harm other people, why should they even be let to roam the streets freely? They are dangerous to society. Really see one walking by, you should even consider getting your kids back in the house.

As for gay marriage, people should be free to do anything they want as long as they aren't harming anyone. Gay marriage doesn't harm anyone, it's a life-style choice of individuals and has NO impact on society. Society isn't affected by peoples' personal choices or whether or not the goverment supports it or not, because people aren't sheep. And even if it did, we live in a democracy so it doesn't matter what a minority thinks. And if people were like sheep, or some of them are, well they might quite probably be fundamentalists, and well you know what I think about them.

You're writing a lot of bigotry there.  Religious people can be stupid.  Gay people can be stupid.  Black people can be stupid.  Women could be stupid.  Scientists can be stupid.  People in any of these groups ( or any other group) can also be wonderful.

The crap your spewing there is exactly what has harmed gay people for so long.  Gay men have had an image of being pedophiles or perverts.  If you saw one you should get your kids in the house.  Are all gay men peophiles?  Absolutely not.  To think they are is bigotry.

But the answer to one bigotry is not another.  Many religous people are kind, good people.  Many gay people are kind, good people.  Some of both groups are very bad.  That's just people in general.

Making stereotypes of one group while supporting another makes you sound like a small-minded idiot.

i was shocked reading happy dolphin's comment

I was as well.  We should be working to a society of acceptance, not accepting one thing while rejecting another.

Around the Network
TheLastStarFighter said:

I was as well.  We should be working to a society of acceptance, not accepting one thing while rejecting another.

Tolerance doesn't work, that's why we're a democracy. You weed out the bad, and bring in the good. People who don't want gays to get married, their voice does not matter, the country gets rid of their preference and runs with the preference of all, so why should they be tolerated?

Democracy is the rule we all follow, it's what binds us together. If Democracy chose against Christian American Extermists, then democracy won over what was blocking Same Sex marriage. Why tolerate the ideas of the opposing view further?

(Edit: Basically tolerance is anti-democratic)

happydolphin said:
TheLastStarFighter said:

You're writing a lot of bigotry there.  Religious people can be stupid.  Gay people can be stupid.  Black people can be stupid.  Women could be stupid.  Scientists can be stupid.  People in any of these groups ( or any other group) can also be wonderful.

The crap your spewing there is exactly what has harmed gay people for so long.  Gay men have had an image of being pedophiles or perverts.  If you saw one you should get your kids in the house.  Are all gay men peophiles?  Absolutely not.  To think they are is bigotry.

But the answer to one bigotry is not another.  Many religous people are kind, good people.  Many gay people are kind, good people.  Some of both groups are very bad.  That's just people in general.

Making stereotypes of one group while supporting another makes you sound like a small-minded idiot.

That's too bad, I thought I was intelligent. Maybe I'm just a peophile after all.

Wonderful people are wonderful, but the religion they practice could be very not wonderful, and it's dangerous. What do you say to that?

Where homosexuality has 0 evil in and of itself, religion does. Homosexuality doesn't make people bad, it doesn't affect the makeup of society, because family and family values don't matter. People will tell you the contrary but they have no proof.

I say you are ingorant of religion.  Just as many ingorant people think that gay people are the end of our society, you are ignorant of spritual belief and are stereotyping them and you feel that they should be forced to follow your beliefs.  It's horrible that you have this mindset.

I know a bishop who loved little boys.  LOVED them.  What made him bad, the fact that he was a Catholic Bishop or that he was gay?  Neither.  He was just a bad dude.

Religion is a belief that there is more to the world than what we can explain, a purpose, a meaning, a sprituality.  There is nothing inherently wrong with that.  It's neither good or bad.  It's possible that a releigion could have evil intent, such as a cult with a suicide pact.

For the most part the mainstream religions in our society don't have evil teachings.  Christianity is about love and kindness to all.  Some leaders may encourage harmful ideas that aren't founded in religion ( there is nothing in the bible banning gay marriage...  In fact, there is little mention of marriage, or of homosexuality, and you don't need a priest to get married, contrary to many long held traditions), but that is about the individual, not the religion.  You shouldn't hate on a religious group any more than you should hate on someone who chose to be a biologist, or an athlete, or any other life value.

It sounds like you are just spewing bigotted stereotypes you have heard from others, rather than getting a good understanding of the topic of hand, making you sound ingorant.

TheLastStarFighter said:

I say you are ingorant of religion.  Just as many ingorant people think that gay people are the end of our society, you are ignorant of spritual belief and are stereotyping them and you feel that they should be forced to follow your beliefs.  It's horrible that you have this mindset.

I know a bishop who loved little boys.  LOVED them.  What made him bad, the fact that he was a Catholic Bishop or that he was gay?  Neither.  He was just a bad dude.

Religion is a belief that there is more to the world than what we can explain, a purpose, a meaning, a sprituality.  There is nothing inherently wrong with that.  It's neither good or bad.  It's possible that a releigion could have evil intent, such as a cult with a suicide pact.

For the most part the mainstream religions in our society don't have evil teachings.  Christianity is about love and kindness to all.  Some leaders may encourage harmful ideas that aren't founded in religion ( there is nothing in the bible banning gay marriage...  In fact, there is little mention of marriage, or of homosexuality, and you don't need a priest to get married, contrary to many long held traditions), but that is about the individual, not the religion.  You shouldn't hate on a religious group any more than you should hate on someone who chose to be a biologist, or an athlete, or any other life value.

It sounds like you are just spewing bigotted stereotypes you have heard from others, rather than getting a good understanding of the topic of hand, making you sound ingorant.

No, that's not true, I actually am an ingorant. Always have been. It's always worked in my favor as most of the time everyone agrees with me.

How many ingorants are there: lots. How many non-ingorants are there: not lots.

So, again democracy wins.

And if the bishop loved little boys, why is that bad?

(Edit: Biologists are doing things that are good for the world, Christians aren't. There is nothing in Christianity that promotes love, and it promotes marriage between one man and one woman, that's closed-minded. It also says gays twisted the natural ways, how retarded is that?)

happydolphin said:
TheLastStarFighter said:

Tolerance doesn't work, that's why we're a democracy. You weed out the bad, and bring in the good. People who don't want gays to get married, their voice does not matter, the country gets rid of their preference and runs with the preference of all, so why should they be tolerated?

Democracy is the rule we all follow, it's what binds us together. If Democracy chose against Christian American Extermists, then democracy won over what was blocking Same Sex marriage. Why tolerate the ideas of the opposing view further?

(Edit: Basically tolerance is anti-democratic)

Actually, you are completely wrong, again your ingornance on this topic astounding.

The people of California democratically voted to ban gay marriage.  Most people are against it still.  The reason it is allowed, is because there are fundamental rights in the United States and the Supreme Court upheld these rights.  These supercede even democratic votes.

And democracy is not necessarily a good thing in all cases. It is the best option we have, but it can cause harm to those in minority.  We should strive for a society that is lead by the majority but protects the weak, those in need, the minority.

Gay rights have not been achieved through democracy, but through tolerance.  It's a value we should all embrace.

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
TheLastStarFighter said:

No, that's not true, I actually am an ingorant. Always have been. It's always worked in my favor as most of the time everyone agrees with me.

(Edit: Biologists are doing things that are good for the world, Christians aren't. There is nothing in Christianity that promotes love, and it promotes marriage between one man and one woman, that's closed-minded. It also says gays twisted the natural ways, how retarded is that?)

It doesn't say that.  And when you resort to typos to make your point, you have clearly lost the argument, and you know it.

TheLastStarFighter said:

Actually, you are completely wrong, again your ingornance on this topic astounding.

The people of California democratically voted to ban gay marriage.  Most people are against it still.  The reason it is allowed, is because there are fundamental rights in the United States and the Supreme Court upheld these rights.  These supercede even democratic votes.

And democracy is not necessarily a good thing in all cases. It is the best option we have, but it can cause harm to those in minority.  We should strive for a society that is lead by the majority but protects the weak, those in need, the minority.

Gay rights have not been achieved through democracy, but through tolerance.  It's a value we should all embrace.

So you think that the minority should still matter? Then in that case how to you support a view that is in minority but at the same time completely opposite to a view in majority? Where do you draw the line?

How do you satisfy: "I want gays to be married" and "I don't want gays to be married" all at the same time?

TheLastStarFighter said:
happydolphin said:

It doesn't say that.  And when you resort to typos to make your point, you have clearly lost the argument, and you know it.

@bold. Proove it. No, that wasn't a typo I really thought it was spelled that way.

happydolphin said:

(Edit: Biologists are doing things that are good for the world, Christians aren't. There is nothing in Christianity that promotes love, and it promotes marriage between one man and one woman, that's closed-minded. It also says gays twisted the natural ways, how retarded is that?

Wow man you have a lot of hate in your heart. Calm down man! Also religious people do charity work in my country and they actually make good things for poor people. But you probably wouldn't understand as you are ignorant :/. Come live in my country for a couple of days and see for yourself. Stop being so close minded and open your heart

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Anfebious said:

Wow man you have a lot of hate in your heart. Calm down man! Also religious people do charity work in my country and they actually make good things for poor people. But you probably wouldn't understand as you are ignorant :/. Come live in my country for a couple of days and see for yourself. Stop being so close minded and open your heart

I want to open my heart. It's a shock to me that Christians do good things, even the fundamentalists. I was sure all they did was hold up signs in protest :S

I'm not an ignorant, I'm an ingorant, it's not the same thing.

And don't tell me to open my heart, that's gay. l0l

Oh dudes it was fun to mess around with you.