By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

Angelus said:
I didn't know you play racing games Wright

To be honest, I have some in my collection but mostly for my father to enjoy these, as he's not into gaming but likes the ocassional racing matches or playing together.

That being said, Project Gotham Racing 4 gets a special mention because I actually find it very fun to play, unlike most racing games. It has a more arcade-ish nature, though. I spent time playing that one, and having a blast with it.

Other racing games I've enjoyed throughout include Need for Speed (Hot Pursuit and Most Wanted), Midtown Madness 3, Gran Turismo 2 and the Driver series.

Around the Network

Fair enough. I originally got into racing games through my dad, though I eventually got a lot more into them than you.

My dad and I used to play the original PGR a lot back on Xbox. Good times

So i got an invite to playtest an unannounced microsoft game. The survey only talked about FPS'es, new microsoft fps incoming?

Racing games I've really enjoyed

Forza Motorsports 2
Forza Horizon 2
Need for Speed Underground
Need for Speed Most Wanted
Mario Kart Double Dash
Mario Kart 7
Diddy Kong Racing
ModNation Racers

I never played PGR but I always heard it was good

Another fps...

Around the Network

Xbox One Adds Energy-Saving Option to XBO

Anyone who buys a brand new Xbox One will be prompted with a special screen when booting up the console for the first time: A choice between "instant-on" and "energy-saving" power modes. The default in the US is instant-on, which enables updates and content downloads while the console isn't in use, and lets users yell at their Xbox Ones to turn them on. The energy-saving mode consumes less power and can save players an average of $6 to $15 per year in the US, Microsoft says. This isn't a new mode, but the move to offer power choices up front follows a March blog post from the National Resources Defense Council that was critical of the Xbox One's always-on default.

"Although Microsoft reduced the power drain from its 'instant-on' mode from 18 watts to 12.5 watts, the mode is still the default when it comes out of the box and the user is not even given the option to disable it during the initial setup," the NRDC wrote. The new prompt directly addresses this criticism (Side note: Microsoft says instant-on mode uses15 watts).

Existing Xbox One owners can make the power switch themselves by going to "Power & startup" under Settings. Change your power mode because you want to save some cash, because you're thinking about the environment, or if you want to hear your significant other scream "XBOX, ON" tonight in increasingly frustrated tones before they figure out it's just not going to happen.

http://www.engadget.com/2015/04/10/xbox-one-energy-saving-screen/

TiagoCosta said:
Another fps...

Just the same as any other genre.

JayWood2010 said:
TiagoCosta said:
Another fps...

Just the same as any other genre.

Between halo and multiplatform games XBO already got lots of fps.. Against 1 jrpg (psp HD port).

Not the same. 

@jlmurph2, i just hit lev 28 last night.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Crash team racing >mario kart>Forza lol

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion