By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

That was a good read about the Darkside devs, if true I actually feel bad for them, but they should hold their heads high. They were willing to lay it all on the line to prove their worth it just didn't work it. The only thing miising from the read was a voice message saying "Your mission if you choose to accept it........" Them actually completing that project sounded impossible.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
Slade6alpha said:
So guys, I'm thinking of buying Destiny, should I do it?

Yes.

It is one of the best game released in 2014 (if not the best)... it is the best gunplay I ever see in a FPS... everything feels right.

And it is crazy fun and addictive if played in parties with buddies... it is one of these games that make you like videogames even more... I never had so much fun with others guys like in this game.

Can't tell if trolling/sarcasm or not...

Ka-pi96 said:
I consider me being left out of the poll proof that I'm not evil. Thanks for recognising that I'm good Jay

Pfft, I deem all of you my evil spawn mwahahaha!

2 of my top 5 favorite XBE users are leading.

edit: Now 3 of my top 5. (including myself here)

Dafuq is this? lol

Around the Network

Elite: Dangerous is ludicrously large. Set in a galaxy based on our own Milky Way, the game features over 400 billion star systems with countless planets, moons, asteroid belts and space stations around which to trade goods, complete missions, hunt, pirate, assassinate and dogfight. It’s vast. And it’s coming to Xbox One.

Already available on PC, Elite: Dangerous is developed by David Braben’s Frontier Developments. Braben co-created the first Elite in 1984, for the BBC Micro and Acorn Electron computers, and the series has remained a largely PC affair ever since. Over the years, stuffing that many possibilities into a little box with a controller has proved to be difficult.

Elite: Dangerous on Xbox One hopes to challenge history. Frontier is bringing every element of the game over to Microsoft’s chunky black console; every star, every spaceship, every update and every single one of those possibilities. And it’s going to let you navigate it all with a controller. But there’s bound to be some compromises, right?

“No. In fact, quite the contrary,” Braben tells us. “It's going to be the full game, and I don't just mean the game we released with [on PC]. I mean the full game. We've done lots of updates that we're very proud of. The game is improving, and it'll be that game that's snapshotted and put onto console.”

“I don't like dumbing down,” he continues, “but I am aware that our learning curve is quite steep, so we're already doing things to address that and we will continue to do that. So yes, we will add things that appeal to a broader audience [for console users], but that will also come to other platforms as well.”

The improvements Braben mentions include some major updates. Since Elite: Dangerous launched on PC in December 2014, the game has expanded with more formalised co-op play, new community challenges and loads of new gameplay features, plus there’s even more on the way. Elite: Dangerous looks set to be supported long after release.

View on YouTube

None of this is any good if the game’s a pain in the arse to control, of course. Thankfully, Elite: Dangerous was built with controllers in mind. 

“We’ve been using console controllers since day one, and I use an Xbox controller a lot, possibly more than using the joysticks,” says Braben. “We've been testing the controls pretty much from the start and a lot of PC players are using those in preference. In terms of that, the experience should be remarkably similar.”

Indeed, Braben reckons that in some ways, Elite: Dangerous will be even better on console than PC. “A lot of people on the PC play, sadly, on tinny little plastic speakers, whereas on the Xbox, they hear the real juice of our sound supporting 5.1 or 7.1, which is great,” he says.

Getting Elite: Dangerous made wasn’t an easy task for Frontier. Braben had been hawking the idea of an Elite sequel to publishers for years, but the game he wanted to make and the game publishers wanted to fund wasn’t the same. So instead, he turned to Kickstarter, and Elite: Dangerous raised in excess of a whopping £1.5m from eager fans. Going that route has left Braben free to make the game he wants.

“We've had a lot of discussion with publishers over the years with Elite,” says Braben. “It was having the confidence that the game would go essentially unchanged or at least we'd be able to make the vision we wanted to make. I do wonder with publishers whether it gets driven down a particular line, and I think that would be the concern. But I think we're very, very pleased with the way we took it. It's been fantastic. We've been able to do things that I think with a publisher would have been very hard.”

We’re rather excited about Elite: Dangerous on Xbox One. The idea of being given a ship and 100 credits, then being left free to conduct a space adventure in whatever way you choose - it’s intoxicating. Braben’s assertion that the console version won’t be dumbed down just adds to the excitement. Elite: Dangerous, and all of its infinite possibilities, are coming to Xbox One later this year. We can't wait.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-20881-Exploring-Elite--Dangerous-on-Xbox-One-With-Creator-David-Braben.html

shikamaru317 said:
^Elite: Dangerous definitely sounds promising. MS couldn't have found a better space game to make up for losing No Man's Sky to Sony.

NMS is timed exclusive though.

Goatseye said:
shikamaru317 said:
^Elite: Dangerous definitely sounds promising. MS couldn't have found a better space game to make up for losing No Man's Sky to Sony.

NMS is timed exclusive though.

So is Elite. 

Can't believe I never made it into the poll. That's some stroke of luck right there.

Anyway I vote Slade. He unfriended me on Skype. And kicked me from the Skype chat. After I helped him with his Maths he kicked me from the chat. Good job Reece was there.

#neverforget 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

shikamaru317 said:
Angelus said:
Dafuq is this? lol

Lol, you're leading.

How am I evil though? I only tell me people the truth.

Slade is a bad gamer. Goat is ugly, and a coward apparently since he still hasn't jumped off a bridge (use a bungee cord for Christ's sake). Tiago is destined to die alone....he hates too many things. 

Being right all the time is not the same as being evil