By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

shikamaru317 said:
It sounds like ME4 is taking alot of inspiration from ME1.

Which is the best damn thing. The best.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Goatseye said:

ME1 is more open, you can't climb mountains and snipe in ME2 for example.

In the first ME you can look for & fly to planets and explore/mine on foot or in the Mako.

Yeah but most of those planets are desolate wastelands. Replaying it at the moment and I'm avoiding them as much as possible, there just isn't anything to do on them.

At the time, 2007, the freedom of exploration was amazing and unparalleled.

Ka-pi96 said:

Yeah but most of those planets are desolate wastelands. Replaying it at the moment and I'm avoiding them as much as possible, there just isn't anything to do on them.

That is very true. The controls were also pretty...iffy too. But you have to remember that it's an old old game. In 2015? The planets could be more detailed and as such it should follow this model IMO. It holds the most potential.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Carl2291 said:
shikamaru317 said:
It sounds like ME4 is taking alot of inspiration from ME1.

Which is the best damn thing. The best.

You are a good gamer in my book. 

Bioware owe us some good characters in ME world. To me the most memorable one is Saren. The rest are forgettable.

Ka-pi96 said:
shikamaru317 said:

I'm still waiting for the Mass Effect HD trilogy on Xbox One, I've never played Mass Effect before. Really hope they announce it at E3 for release this Holiday season, so I can play the first 3 games before ME4's expected release Q2-Q3 2016.

You've never played any of the Mass Effect games before? :o
i

I played a demo for the 3rd one.. lol

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Around the Network

Woohoo less than 70 days or 10 weeks to go for E3 ^^''...

Ka-pi96 said:
Goatseye said:

You are a good gamer in my book. 

Bioware owe us some good characters in ME world. To me the most memorable one is Saren. The rest are forgettable.

But.... Garrus?

What makes Garrus a bad ass? I read that a lot here.

All he's done of extraordinary, are  told through tales. As a team member, I always found him to be pretty tame.

His specialty is sniping and Thane was more valuable than him on my playthroughs.

Ka-pi96 said:
Versus_Evil said:

Mass effect 1 (the other two don't even come close) is in my top 5 games of all time, I would buy the re release trilogy just for that, but please keep the grainy look, the mako controls, the lift scenes, keep it at 30FPS, literally just re release it and I would buy it.

Seriously? Gotta say Mass Effect 1 does not hold up well to todays standards. It would have to be updated if they were to re release it.

Also ME 2 > ME 1

In 2007, there was nothing better than ME in it's genre, which was RPG/TP Action adventure.

It has all the traces of a full blown WRPG, with highly upgradeable: weapons, projectiles, armor and powers; there are choices that affect the development of the plot; and a vast map to explore.

ME2 is a Third Person Shooter, on the same league as Gears and we don't need to argue on which series plays better.

Ka-pi96 said:

Mass Effect 1 is amazing in every single aspect...except the planet exploration, I agree. Or the sidequests in non story-related worlds; because you're always on the same factory, house or laboratory map.

Ka-pi96 said:

Yeah, I know what ME was like in 2007. Got it at launch and loved it. Really hasn't aged well though.

I think ME2 is by far the better game, much better than any Gears as well actually. When we did the greatest games event I had it at 15th, even higher than all Halo games.

I'm a big Mass Effect head. I love it but bigger than Halo and Gears?

And you're posting that here??? ... ruuuun, hide yo kids, hide yo wife