By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

Angelus said:
Indie developers need to stop doing this. We get it already, you can make nice trailers with your unique art style and good music while your character is walking/traveling around doing fuck all. SHOW ME WTF THERE IS ACTUALLY TO DO IN YOUR GAME BESIDES MOVING FROM ONE SPOT TO THE NEXT! They're all so obsessed with atmosphere that they forget about everything else, and I'm fucking tired of it.

I don't give a shit about walking and picking up shit for the sole purpose of making sure my character has enough energy to keep walking.

Travelling and picking up shit to keep walking is the game. It's a rouge-lite.

Admittedly it didn't show the combat.

Around the Network

I think its going to be similar to Don't Starve.

GDC is all about developers but we got pretty good news from it. And I'm talking about Wasteland 2, Elite: Dangerous & Shovel Knight coming to Xone this year :)

The best part about all these announcements is now we don't have to see those stupid listwars anymore. Now that XB1 has a ton of indies, they won't be as important in various conversations.

That never bothered me. I'm just glad that many GOOD independant games (and not just any random indie games) are coming to Xone this year. I will probably end buying all 3 that I mentioned before :)

Around the Network

Why is it that when sony has a game they moneyhatted, noone speaks about it's exclusivity, yet when MSFT gets a exclusive deal timed or full they are open to talking about it being on other platforms later. MSFT has been getting completely punked this gen. This goes for advertising as well, they are scared as heck to put any type of exclusivity in ads, sony does whatever the hell they want. Quite frankly it's embarrassing. For example, at PSX that sony dude said ps4 is the only console in which you will be able to play SFV, I like that type of language. He wasn't worried about what XB1 or Wii U fans thought, he only cared about ps4, which is how it should be.

The ED dev could have just stated we are just focusing on XB1 and PC for the time being, we will evaluate other platforms later. Nope they flat out say coming to ps4, I haven't heard NMS devs say stuff like that or many of the devs of their other indie games.

PS this is not to start a MSFT hate bashing or anything like that, but MSFT/XB1 needs to get their backbone back. Opinions?

Old Rare IP's confirmed? Ryuu's favorite insider Kamp just put his reputation on it. I believe Battletoads and Bajo will be the first games brought back.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=154711714&postcount=101

shikamaru317 said:
Versus_Evil said:
So much good indies being announced, come on Divinity: Original Sin! I'd love this to come to xbox one.

It's in the ID@Xbox on Windows 10 compilation. That suggests there's a pretty good chance of it coming to Xbox One at some point.

Yes I hope it comes to XBox One its a great game. 

So the game I want from rare isn't being made because ms wants it out as soon as possible? I have a hard time believing that, but if true... Errr.
Sounds fake to me tho

Didn't Ryu post something earlier from Kamp saying that this leak was a fake?

Anyway, Conker is the only Rare IP I only care about so I'm still hoping MS makes a new game happen at some point.