By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

TiagoCosta said:
dobryser said:

Dude chill out with your phil spencer hate. 

I won't. Worse head Microsoft studios could have for me.

Well it is retail also tiago. Plus this game was in development long before he became head. So maybe the price model was too. And you rather have the dog mattrick, the dude if he was in head We'd still have drm and Kinect necessary? 

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Around the Network
kinisking said:
TiagoCosta said:

I won't. Worse head Microsoft studios could have for me.

Well it is retail also tiago. Plus this game was in development long before he became head. So maybe the price model was too. And you rather have the dog mattrick, the dude if he was in head We'd still have drm and Kinect necessary? 

Lionhead changed the game mid way to be f2p, clearly spencer decision. You seem to forget how spencer is in charge of MGS (the games) since I believe ..2008, when he became the general manager of Microsoft Studios, eventually becoming the studio's corporate vice president a year later.

Pretty sure DRM was out while mattrick was still in, with those sales kinect would leave either way. And I'm not a drm hater, at all.

F2P clearly works for a game like Fable Legends, as bad as I would want to play it, I wouldn't have paid $63 for it. Also with it being online only friends would probably like to play together, now everyone can play the game. This news actually makes me happy, because I probably won't have to spend much money to enjoy it. Also this game should have millions of players in a vibrant community if it's a good game.

You can all enjoy the f2p, doesn't change the fact it was changed to be f2p.

I will skip it. Not like I have much to play but I'd rather play some 360 jrpg in the spare time or gears3.

360 live isn't working it seems.

Around the Network
true_fan said:
F2P clearly works for a game like Fable Legends, as bad as I would want to play it, I wouldn't have paid $63 for it. Also with it being online only friends would probably like to play together, now everyone can play the game. This news actually makes me happy, because I probably won't have to spend much money to enjoy it. Also this game should have millions of players in a vibrant community if it's a good game.

Same.  This will also get my friends on PC to play it with me xD

i think fable legends will do better as a free to play game especially going the ki way of it. now i just wish they would send me a beta code

Killer Instinct League Play Kicks Off Tomorrow

The battle for the Top 32 starts tomorrow!

Competitive matches are the lifeblood of fighting games, and something that the 
Killer Instinct team is passionate about. When we brainstormed what Killer Instinct Season 2multiplayer would look like, we felt strongly that Season 2 had to bring something fresh to fighting games, not just the same ‘ol thing that only appeals to hardcore players. The all-new Ranked Leagues gives everyone something to play for.

Ranked Leagues is the monthly battle to climb up the ranks and become a feared and renowned Top-32 “Killer.” Like any professional event, Ranked Leagues begin with qualifiers. The first time you enter the Ranked Leagues landing page, you qualify by playing 10 matches that determine where you are initially placed in the League’s tiered ladder system. Based on your performance, you’ll be grouped with players of a similar skill level in the Bronze, Silver or Gold Tiers. Then the battle is on to reach KILLER status!

Every Tier game matches players up with similar skill levels. Bronzes play Bronzes, Silvers play Silver, and so on. A shiny, new Player Card banner will show everyone the status you’ve reached. As the battles rage on, you can gain or lose Ladder points and Rank Titles, but once you’ve made to a Tier, you can’t fall out of it. No need to stress out about flubbing a match or two! Occasionally, you’ll even match up with someone outside of your Tier, but bonus Tier Points make it well worth your while for you and your opponent to take the risk. After you reach a certain threshold of Tier points, you graduate to the next Tier. And once you’ve progressed to the KILLER Tier, everything changes!

KILLER Rules

• Killer vs. Killer Ranked Matches are now BEST two out of three, a staple of tournament fighting.
  • Unlike Tournament fighting, you cannot counter-pick between rounds, keeping matches as brisk as possible.
  • The Killer Tier is reset every month and the Top 32 Killer players at the end of the month are rewarded PRO Status, immortalizing them in that month’s Leaderboards, in addition to unlocking special Player Card PRO stars.

With the monthly Killer tier turnaround, it’s always a frantic and fun race to the Top 32, especially when the warning bell rings. And if you don’t make it one month, no big deal. There’s always next month, when we reset the KILLER leaderboards, so everyone has a shot to get to the top again. The cool thing is that this ladder structure makes every game count, while also matching you with players that have similar skills. Ranked Leagues BETA starts tomorrow and we hope you’ll join!

-Kraig

By not ranking down, that might remove a lot of rage quitters. Anyways this sounds innovative and good. Will be playing xD

Ya I'm someone who often speaks out against F2P because most of the time the specific models developers/publishers use are complete rip offs where you feel like you're being milked for everything and so much content is held back from you, but when it's done right, and especially for certain types of games it can be the best choice, as I believe it is here.

Evolve could have benefited from having a model like this too, and in fact that was my biggest fear about Fable Legends, was that it would turn out like Evolve. I'm very relieved that won't be the case