By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

Kerotan said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Kerotan said:
shikamaru317 said:

Yeah, there haven't been too many "wow" moments from any of the 3 in the last few years. Phil Spencer was just saying on twitter yesterday that he believes this E3 will be special for fans of all 3 console makers, I hope he is right. 

I'd take that with a grain of salt.  Phil Spencer talks a lot and it just seems like PR to me.  Having said that I hope he's right and all 3 have something mega.  

Gta 4 360 announcement and FF13. Were they cconsidered mega? 

FF13 was. I think GTA 4 having timed exclusive dlc for Xbox or something like that was considered pretty big. But the game being multiplat wasn't really a surprise since San Andreas before it had released on Xbox as well.

Yeah you're right.  I remember now.  That dlc timed exclusive deal was huge.  I suppose the cod dlc deal was biggish too. Although cod wasn't at its peak. Any idea what Microsoft pay to get that dlc first every year?

50 million was rumored for the two dlc......

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Kerotan said:
FrontlineJaguar said:

a cheque with multiple zeroes xD.

Jokes apart I think they don't sign the deal every year rather go for multi-year deal since cod comes out every year so no point in buying it every year so they must have signed up a multi-year deal.

I wonder if they did one 10 year deal or did something like 3 years and just renewed it once or twice.  

The price will be going up for the deal due to sales shifting more in ps favour for the series. I wonder if they'll continue renewing it. 

Yet at the same time it seems sales for the series as a whole are declining, so that might keep the price down. I think they will definitely keep renewing it though, that is a huge marketing deal and bundle for them and it's every single year as well.

The new generation has brought fragmentation in cod's sale so it might help ms to keep the price down but if they pushing cod on xbox they will be able to keep it exclusive without any doubt and I am sure cose won't rise too much.

Peter Moore was definitely a boss.....if he'd stayed MS would probably own Bioware today. How sad of a thought is that

Not that I anticipate this but....

I say give Ubisoft some money for the rights to Prince of Persia. They're not really using it and haven't properly in a while, they're way too busy pushing AC when it comes to Action/Adventure. So take it off their hands for a stack of cash and that way MS gains a permanent stay franchise in that genre (their willingness to buy timed exclusivity for Tomb Raider shows they acknowledge the need for one)

I really hope it's Conker as I think this to be the next best move. We already got a Banjo, KI, so next I would think it would be smart to make another Conker.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Kerotan said:
FrontlineJaguar said:

a cheque with multiple zeroes xD.

Jokes apart I think they don't sign the deal every year rather go for multi-year deal since cod comes out every year so no point in buying it every year so they must have signed up a multi-year deal.

I wonder if they did one 10 year deal or did something like 3 years and just renewed it once or twice.  

The price will be going up for the deal due to sales shifting more in ps favour for the series. I wonder if they'll continue renewing it. 

Yet at the same time it seems sales for the series as a whole are declining, so that might keep the price down. I think they will definitely keep renewing it though, that is a huge marketing deal and bundle for them and it's every single year as well.

That reminds me. Isn't cod 2015 due to be announced Soon?  If it's black ops 3 sales will probably increase again. 

Versus_Evil said:
Hopefully we get more Below and Inside gameplay with announced release dates and Tell Tales Minecraft story mode shown at E3. That world do it for me.

A exclusive Minecraft Story mode for XBox one would blow up, I'm sure they understand what this would do and how good it could turn out for them. If I was MS I would be working on this and putting a lot of resources into it. Many kids love this game and will go out to buy Xbox just to play a story mode.

DJEVOLVE said:
I really hope it's Conker as I think this to be the next best move. We already got a Banjo, KI, so next I would think it would be smart to make another Conker.

No offense against conker but I think banjo will come first since conker ip pack is also coming in project spark.

DJEVOLVE said:
Versus_Evil said:
Hopefully we get more Below and Inside gameplay with announced release dates and Tell Tales Minecraft story mode shown at E3. That world do it for me.

A exclusive Minecraft Story mode for XBox one would blow up, I'm sure they understand what this would do and how good it could turn out for them. If I was MS I would be working on this and putting a lot of resources into it. Many kids love this game and will go out to buy Xbox just to play a story mode.

True that and word of mouth is going to spread like a bomb.

Ka-pi96 said:
Angelus said:
Not that I anticipate this but....

I say give Ubisoft some money for the rights to Prince of Persia. They're not really using it and haven't properly in a while, they're way too busy pushing AC when it comes to Action/Adventure. So take it off their hands for a stack of cash and that way MS gains a permanent stay franchise in that genre (they're willingness to buy timed exclusivity for Tomb Raider shows they acknowledge the need for one)

I think MS would be better off buying a studio with that money than a single franchise. They don't have enough studios to make the games they are already doing and are having to outsource, which isn't really working out so well (Halo MCC + Phantom Dust).

I don't agree. Studios don't like being bought out, we all now this. Key members end up leaving, taking a bunch of others with then mostly, and then what are you left with? When you have a bunch of big time IPs to work on you can always find someone to partner with who will be foaming at the mouth for a chance to make that game for you, and then that can lead to great long term partnerships. At least that's how I see it.