By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

shikamaru317 said:

Yeah, I never had very good luck with DBZ games either. I got the one they released on the original Xbox and it was pretty meh imo. I heard the ones on PS2 were pretty good (Budokai I think they were called), but I didn't get a PS2 until after 360 released when it was $120, and never bothered to get any of the DBZ games for it then.

I remember wanting to get a DBZ game from Gamestop a while back like around 2000-2001 or so but they was trying to charge like $130+ for the game. I think it was DBZ Final Bout.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:

You what? $130 for a single game!? :o

Yeah, just for that game by itself.

shikamaru317 said:
Slade6alpha said:

I haven't trusted DBZ in years after I played Ultimate Tenchaichi... never again at full price. I'll probably get it for $30, maybe earlier if I see good reviews. 

Yeah, I never had very good luck with DBZ games either. I got the one they released on the original Xbox and it was pretty meh imo. I heard the ones on PS2 were pretty good (Budokai I think they were called), but I didn't get a PS2 until after 360 released when it was $120, and never bothered to get any of the DBZ games for it then.

The Budokai and Budokai Tenkaichi series were both really good for the most part but after Budokai Tenkaichi 3 there hasn't been a single good DBZ game :(

They all lack content and gameplay for the most part, I mean if you look at Tenkaichi 3, it had like 80+ playable characters and then some of the later games would have 20-30 lol

They would also only take you up to a certain point in the story even though the anime/manga has been over for like a decade so it really seems like it's just so they can milk the series.

Linchpin said:
Ka-pi96 said:

You what? $130 for a single game!? :o

Yeah, just for that game by itself.

DBGT Final Bout was a rare PS1 game that had the conclusion of the manga already in the game. Back then we didn't really have manga scans and translators so people outside of Japan had no idea how the manga had ended bringing up the price of the game. Eventually it became a very rare game and prices became pretty outragous.

kinisking said:
TiagoCosta said:

Calling football-> soccer.... rage.

We (europeans) are nice to American football, caliing it just that. 

Well its just what we call it here. We Don't call American football,  American football. We just call it football so it's be confusing if we called soccer football. And a lot of Europeans I've seen try to mock everything there is about America including American football. They love to call it hand egg or "safe rugby". At least what from what I've seen on the Internet. But you know how the Internet is so I don't really know if it's any different in real life. 

mehh, don't compare the internet where everyone tries to shit on each other with real life. I also have to hear "Nazi" like every day on the internet just because I'm from Germany. Doesn't mean that I ever had to experiecne that in real life except for one time when I was in England. Sure, there might be people talking like that about every German but that is quite idiotic.

That's btw what happened in the small town I live in when there was Super Bowl deep in the night here with a normal working day next day. Bar didn't close that night only for this event.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
DexInDaJungle said:

The Budokai and Budokai Tenkaichi series were both really good for the most part but after Budokai Tenkaichi 3 there hasn't been a single good DBZ game :(

They all lack content and gameplay for the most part, I mean if you look at Tenkaichi 3, it had like 80+ playable characters and then some of the later games would have 20-30 lol

They would also only take you up to a certain point in the story even though the anime/manga has been over for like a decade so it really seems like it's just so they can milk the series.

Apparently Xenoverse has 47+ playable characters,12 Master Quests, 50 Parallel Quests, 200 skills,and 400 pieces of equipment.

And this is the one that is about to come out right? Seems like a decent amount of content. I'll gladly pick up a new DBZ game if I hear good things about it, this series was such a big part of my childhood!

Ka-pi96 said:
Oh, and since we are on the subject... Australian Football > American Football

AFL / NRL or Union

Being from Victoria AFL - is my passion

dbz infinite world on ps2= best dbz game ever= best fighting game ever :P. hopefully theyll go back to 2d on xbox one

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

crissindahouse said:
kinisking said:

Well its just what we call it here. We Don't call American football,  American football. We just call it football so it's be confusing if we called soccer football. And a lot of Europeans I've seen try to mock everything there is about America including American football. They love to call it hand egg or "safe rugby". At least what from what I've seen on the Internet. But you know how the Internet is so I don't really know if it's any different in real life. 

mehh, don't compare the internet where everyone tries to shit on each other with real life. I also have to hear "Nazi" like every day on the internet just because I'm from Germany. Doesn't mean that I ever had to experiecne that in real life except for one time when I was in England. Sure, there might be people talking like that about every German but that is quite idiotic.

That's btw what happened in the small town I live in when there was Super Bowl deep in the night here with a normal working day next day. Bar didn't close that night only for this event.

thats pretty cool! yeah i suspected it was different in real life. and youre lucky, i get called racist things like terrorist at school and on the internet :P Only when they find out im muslim though, people think im hispanic on first sight. but its high school and everyones immature so whatever. 

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

DexInDaJungle said:

DBGT Final Bout was a rare PS1 game that had the conclusion of the manga already in the game. Back then we didn't really have manga scans and translators so people outside of Japan had no idea how the manga had ended bringing up the price of the game. Eventually it became a very rare game and prices became pretty outragous.

I figured it was pretty rare. I remember they having other high cost games especially for the NES too but the most pricey was the Final Bout.