By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Dang it EA, I don't understand why Battlefield 4's season pass costs this much when it's on sale, more than a year after the game released, while Titanfall released after BF4 and it's season pass costs $13.75 less. And some people wonder why I'm worried about DICE devloping Star Wars Battlefront, one reason is because I know that I'll have to pay a small fortune for the dang DLC.

There's a very simple reason for that. Battlefield has always been primarily a multiplayer shooter charged at full price even when there was no single player to speak of, even now the single player is an afterthought most don't care too much about other than to assuage their conscience that they're not being deprived of anything (even if that anything is ultimately irrelevant to them). So really what you're looking at is the core of BF's experience, what people really pay for, being $60 for around 10 multiplayer maps, with a whole lot of guns and vehicles, to play with in 4 or so game modes. BF's season pass, or Premium as it were, essentially doubles all those things. That's why EA is comfortable charging $50 or so for it, and why the fans mostly feel comfortable paying it.

Around the Network

www.siliconera.com/2015/01/27/tatsunokos-xbox-one-strategy-game-release-japan-march/

Ryuu96 said:

Just to kill the hope that QB will release in 2015 again xD that interview with Sam Lake where he said it was releasing in 2015 was from Gamescom 2014...

Our very dear was interviewed by back in August at gamescom 14.

-

Remedy pointed it out .....Hmmm

I think at this point, it's safe to assume Quantum Break Q1 2016, it just wouldn't make sense to release it that late in the fall. The crazy part is 2016 might be even better than 2015.

2015: FM5, Halo 5, ROTR, Rare Game1?(Battletoads), Fable Legends, Ori, State of Decay, Screamride, Gears Collection

2016: Quantum Break, Phantom Dust, Scale Bound, Crackdown, Gears 4, FH3, Rare Game 2? (Banjo)

The mindset of playing Golem: "I get hit, and that's OK" you play radically different w/ your setups and risks.

Ka-pi96 said:
Angelus said:

There's a very simple reason for that. Battlefield has always been primarily a multiplayer shooter charged at full price even when there was no single player to speak of, even now the single player is an afterthought most don't care too much about other than to assuage their conscience that they're not being deprived of anything (even if that anything is ultimately irrelevant to them). So really what you're looking at is the core of BF's experience, what people really pay for, being $60 for around 10 multiplayer maps, with a whole lot of guns and vehicles, to play with in 4 or so game modes. BF's season pass, or Premium as it were, essentially doubles all those things. That's why EA is comfortable charging $50 or so for it, and why the fans mostly feel comfortable paying it.

Why doesn't the same apply to Titanfall though? It meets pretty much the same criteria for it as Battlefield.

Also simple.

1. New IP, not established powerhouse franchise

2. Core game had less content in the MP to boot (a lot less), and therefore needed cheaper DLC and lots of updates to show good value 

Around the Network

Yup, 2015 is looking bad for me.

Of Xbox exclusives I only want ori and gears collection day 1. That's not enough.

shikamaru317 said:
Honestly, if Remedy can't make Q3 2015 then they should delay it until Q1 2016, releasing it in Q4 2015 would be a big mistake. Sunset Overdrive made that mistake last year, it released in October and got lost amongst all the bigger Holiday releases. I have no doubt that if Microsoft had saved Sunset Overdrive for Q1 it would have sold more (plus MS would have had a AAA game to go up against Bloodborne, but that's another story).

Agreed. And fixed

Though I'll still be a sad panda if I don't get QB this year =(

I'm kinda hoping they're just being super coy about it atm and then surprise us with it being released even sooner than anticipated. Summer maybe. Shut up! Let me cling to hope!

Wow, I can't wait for a new Roller Coaster Tycoon. Loved RT 3.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

shikamaru317 said:
TiagoCosta said:
Yup, 2015 is looking bad for me.

Of Xbox exclusives I only want ori and gears collection day 1. That's not enough.

You need to learn to like Halo more xD I'll agree with you that Microsoft's 2015 is looking kind of weak if you're not a big Halo fan though. Fortunately there are alot of big 3rd party games releasing this year to make up for it, and Microsoft's 2016 is looking alot better imo.

I will buy it eventually. Third party, hopefully sonic comes out... I barely play any third party game nowadays.

2016 looks amazing already.

I'm surprised EA even has the BF premium pass for sale. With Hardline right around the corner you'd think they would want as many people as possible moving on from BF4.