By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

Seece said:

nah, ive got progressively worse at video games the older ive become.

lol well you prob have less time for games now as well.  MK has an excellent story&singleplayer for fighting games though

Around the Network

I think MK9's story mode is the best Ive ever played. Really good how they did it.

Carl2291 said:
I think MK9's story mode is the best Ive ever played. Really good how they did it.

Id agree with that.  I havent paid attention to if they have said anything about MKX story but i assume its picking up where they left off

From Kampf on GAF ( about crackkdown 3)

Thanks guys :) Maybe I can show u a small tech snippet within the next few weeks. Can't promise tho.

I expected much more "platforming" answers, so that's interesting. It helps to get a better understanding of expectations.

On another note, the latest installment is known to be heavily supported with the cloud(TM). Yayaya ... That stupid cloud talk again ;) I know you can not hear it anymore. What I want to say though is: your local gaming mashine does not have enough calculation power to run our game engine. I think we always communicated it that way and there is no reason not to be honest here. If you want to deliver something that has never been done before in that kind of scale, then you can not make compromises. We totally know that there are huge risks involved. But this is the route we will take. We are super confident here and can't wait to get out of the dark.

Seece said:

Sindel, Kabal, Reptile, Ermac, Baraka, Scorpion, Noob, Mileena, Sektor and Sub Zero.

Wow I don't even reconize half those names. Than again I haven't played the game since MK 2

Around the Network
maximrace said:
From Kampf on GAF ( about crackkdown 3)

Thanks guys :) Maybe I can show u a small tech snippet within the next few weeks. Can't promise tho.

I expected much more "platforming" answers, so that's interesting. It helps to get a better understanding of expectations.

On another note, the latest installment is known to be heavily supported with the cloud(TM). Yayaya ... That stupid cloud talk again ;) I know you can not hear it anymore. What I want to say though is: your local gaming mashine does not have enough calculation power to run our game engine. I think we always communicated it that way and there is no reason not to be honest here. If you want to deliver something that has never been done before in that kind of scale, then you can not make compromises. We totally know that there are huge risks involved. But this is the route we will take. We are super confident here and can't wait to get out of the dark.

Even though i dont like crackdown im very excited to see what they can really do with the cloud

online only then. cool with me

JayWood2010 said:
maximrace said:

Even though i dont like crackdown im very excited to see what they can really do with the cloud

Yeah same for me, I think it's time they show some proof about this. Have good internet so isn't a problem for me but I can understand why some people don't like  always online

So I guess Crackdown 3 will require an Internet connection then? That will be interesting.

An open world Borderlands where you can travel through different planets sounds awesome, but to be honest after Borderlands 2, I would expect shenanigans around DLC and in-game content that would rival and maybe even surpass what Bungie did with Destiny. I would love to be proven wrong though.

I don't mind online only, my current internet status is beyond bad but normally is good enough.

When it comes to crackdown it doesn't matter, I'm not getting it either way, but still interested in seeing the cloud power.