By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

You know if we include digital, im pretty sure the last 3 halo games has sold 10m each

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
You know if we include digital, im pretty sure the last 3 halo games has sold 10m each

Definitely. 

smroadkill15 said:
JayWood2010 said:

Definitely. 

That is pretty crazy.  Reach and 4 still has a chance of doing it retail though

JayWood2010 said:
smroadkill15 said:
JayWood2010 said:

Definitely. 

That is pretty crazy.  Reach and 4 still has a chance of doing it retail though

More than 10m confimred. Halo 4 has been on sale pretty often and the price has always been tempting and reach was given as a gwg game.

People doubted success of Titanfall but my calculations say game is vey successful. Here are the calculations.

Titanfall has 8m registered players which i believe to the minimum translates into 7m sold. If this is true it has earned a tremendous amount of money.

First few millions must have sold on full price. Lets take it as 3m sold at full $60
1. 3m * $60 (In some countries price are higher but lets leave it for a while) = $180m

Remaining 4m can be divided into 2m with one category being $45 and other being $30
2. 2m * $45 = $90m
3. 2m * $30 = $60m

Some $30m - $50m came from DLC which i think is less.

According to my calculations game has earned more than $360m, well somewhere near $400m is also possible.

I am sure cost of developing it and giving it exclusive to ms ea earned more.

Around the Network

Prepare your Xbox One HBO Go

Lena Headey returns as the scheming Cersei Lannister in season 5 of HBO's "Game of Thrones".HBO

Winter is coming -- in spring. Fantasy regicide-'em-up "Game of Thrones" returns to US and UK television at the same time in April.

The smash hit sword-and-scheming show, based on the novels of George R.R. Martin, begins its fifth season on US cable network HBO on Sunday 12 April. The new season then premieres for British viewers the following day at 9pm on UK channel Sky Atlantic.

JayWood2010 said:
Angelus said:
Halo 5 added 34k on the new preorder chart. Not bad for a game that's a year out from a franchise that isn't what it used to be lol

lol we get threads like that about every halo game made.  Just ignore them.  The beta has had exceptionally great responses btw xD

I wouldn't say that. I'd say "good". Tons and tons of people on halo waypoint hating on it. Massive amount. A lot of halo fans do not like sprint, no matter what. They want it out. That's the biggest complaint followed by ttk(time to kill). Lots of people complaining about that as well.

I like it a lot(but for some reason I can't aim my gun in it for sh!t). But I think they should toss sprint, and increase movement speed by 10-20%. I think they should also decrease rate of fire for most guns.

As far as sprint goes I'd guess 90% of fans fall in one of these 2 catagorys

• don't like sprint

• don't care.

For this reason i say toss it.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

JayWood2010 said:
daredevil.shark said:
JayWood2010 said:

Didnt all locust died at the end of gow 3? But we know developers can make interesting story for ther reapperance. Just like infamous second son "good ending" where conduits are supposed to be dead.

Lots of questions remain.  Like why was Adam Fenix helping the queen?  What was on the disc he gave Baird?  What were the locust?  Why was the Queen part human? Honestly i wouldnt rule out them being man made and Adam Fenix has something to do with that. Remember the Sires in labs.  Fast forward a few years or decades and they could emerge again

You did not read the books?  

On the disc you see in Gears 3 .... Don't want to spoil for new players but it is very clear what is on it

Adam fenix was in search for his wife and found a journal that she went into a mountain....in that mountain he found Myra the Queen. The Queen asked for help to cure and stop the sickness.  Myra threatened to surface with the locust and take over humanity. Adam promised to cure it and she postponed the surface day. Adam did not had a cure (because he had to work on the hammer of dawn etc) and that is why they surfaced. 

the locust were probably always their like the Romily legend who talked about creatures underground and was told to make the children scared.

Edit this will help 

https://forums.epicgames.com/threads/890098-Origins-of-the-Locust-A-study-of-the-Lambent-the-Sires-the-Locust-and-Myrrah

hudsoniscool said:
JayWood2010 said:
Angelus said:
Halo 5 added 34k on the new preorder chart. Not bad for a game that's a year out from a franchise that isn't what it used to be lol

lol we get threads like that about every halo game made.  Just ignore them.  The beta has had exceptionally great responses btw xD

I wouldn't say that. I'd say "good". Tons and tons of people on halo waypoint hating on it. Massive amount. A lot of halo fans do not like sprint, no matter what. They want it out. That's the biggest complaint followed by ttk(time to kill). Lots of people complaining about that as well.

I like it a lot(but for some reason I can't aim my gun in it for sh!t). But I think they should toss sprint, and increase movement speed by 10-20%. I think they should also decrease rate of fire for most guns.

As far as sprint goes I'd guess 90% of fans fall in one of these 2 catagorys

• don't like sprint

• don't care.

For this reason i say toss it.

1)  343 is not going to simply "toss" out sprint, a feature that they have likely used to build the maps and campaign around.  And honestly, I feel that sprint in Halo 5 is wholly balanced. 

2)  it's harder to aim because there's almost no aim-assist (like the first Halo) -->  I actually like it this way.  Increases the skill gap.  And waypoint is just a negative cesspool.  If you really want to hear some actual constructive and rational feedback for the Halo games, the Halo reddit sub is your best bet.  

3)  As for the ttk thing  -->  Wasn't it pretty much the same for the Halo 2 BR as well?  

Time to kill needs to be a bit more I agree with hudsoniscool on that