By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

shikamaru317 said:
NobleTeam360 said:

ADS, the thrust, ground and pound, smart aim or whatever its called. Pretty much everything they talked about

Remember, the ADS is just cosmetic, you still click the stick to zoom afaik, it's not a hold down left trigger thing like it is in other fps games. As for thrust and ground pound, I'm a bit surprised you don't like those, I recall you being pretty excited for CoD:AW and those are 2 of the best features in CoD:AW imo. 

Thrust and Ground and pound are two fo the things I hate most in CoD AW. I pretty much stick to classic playlist on there but at least Halo 5 has a 4 second delay on using it so it's not like CoD where you can just keep using it over and over and I like the fact that your shields don't recharge while you run. Only positives I took away from what I saw. 

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:
Just a disclaimer, this is how I feel from watching footage of the game. The game could turn out to be great and I end up liking what they did. I prefer the classic Halo (Halo 1-3) not the Reach and after stuff. So forgive me if I refuse to get excited for the same stuff that made Reach and 4 garbage

Well at least we agree on Reach and 4 :)

My first impressions of the Halo 5 reveal.

-Everything seems well balanced with each other. Ground pound leaves you vulnerable in the air; if you miss with a bash move your pretty much dead; "smart scope" descopes if you're hit; and shield wont recharge while sprinting.
-I'm still not sure how I feel about the new "smart scope", but adding descoping is a plus.
-The BR seems to be a single burst shot. Not feeling it. Maybe you can toggle between 3 burst and single?
-I like the indicator telling you when your shield will recharge. Nice little change.
-I'm not really feeling the energy sword name change. Adding increase movement speed is a plus.

I'm still excited to play the beta. Keeping everything balanced is key. I'm not the type of Halo fan that wants everything to be like Halo 2. Halo 2 is Halo 2. I have nothing against adding new things as long as it fits and the gameplay is balanced.

When I saw that smart scope on the assault rifle I nearly fainted. lol

NobleTeam360 said:
Just a disclaimer, this is how I feel from watching footage of the game. The game could turn out to be great and I end up liking what they did. I prefer the classic Halo (Halo 1-3) not the Reach and after stuff. So forgive me if I refuse to get excited for the same stuff that made Reach and 4 garbage

Says the guy named after characters from Reach

Around the Network
smroadkill15 said:
My first impressions of the Halo 5 reveal.

-Everything seems well balanced with each other. Ground pound leaves you vulnerable in the air; if you miss with a bash move your pretty much dead; "smart scope" descopes if you're hit; and shield wont recharge while sprinting.
-I'm still not sure how I feel about the new "smart scope", but adding descoping is a plus.
-The BR seems to be a single burst shot. Not feeling it. Maybe you can toggle between 3 burst and single?
-I like the indicator telling you when your shield will recharge. Nice little change.
-I'm not really feeling the energy sword name change. Adding increase movement speed is a plus.

I'm still excited to play the beta. Keeping everything balanced is key. I'm not the type of Halo fan that wants everything to be like Halo 2. Halo 2 is Halo 2. I have nothing against adding new things as long as it fits and the gameplay is balanced.

You saw the DMR

Prophet's Bane is a legendary energy sword. Idk if they'll have the regular in the game though.

shikamaru317 said:
Wow, that first episode of Halo: Nightfall was alot better than the review scores suggested. Stupid critics. The only thing is though, that episode made me like Colonel Aiken more than Agent Locke, why couldn't Aiken be the new main character? They'll probably kill him off before the show is over. And once again we're back to Halo's biggest problem, they keep killing off all of the best characters.

Totaly agree, I expected some bad show but was pleased in the end.

Everyone on my twitch is playing MCC xD who to watch? 

HaloFest

17,732 viewers on xbox

Walshy playing MCC

1,401 viewers on Walshy

First MCC Stream!

564 viewers on Naded

Untitled Broadcast

55 viewers on Heinz

Maven - MCC

50 viewers on Mavenn

Walshy!!

Well, with Halo 5 we get what the classics are all about, and that's an arena shooter.

In Reach and 4 you had armor abilities, loadouts, in Halo 4 you had costumisable loadouts and sprint as a base trait, the things that made them "garbage" (or rather just not as good and/or popular as the classics) are not in Halo 5, except the Sprint which has been given a penalty.

Of course, we have new things but IMO they don't look bad at all (besides this Ground Pound maybe), can't wait to see and feel how it plays.

And yeah, the first episode was a nice introduction.