By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Empire - New thread up soon!

JoeTheBro said:
Slade6alpha said:
Question for the Xbox Nation. I'm very curious for a real answer, I'm being 100% serious. If I asked this on IGN, or YT, I'd get flamed.

Why is it that COD Ghosts isn't native 1080p on One? Developer laziness (this doesn't make sense to me since Xbox is their biggest market)? MS policy? I know the One has to be strong enough to do 1080p 60fps, as well. I mean look at Forza. Will this be a trend that will follow? I also keep hearing 32 MB ESRAM...? I'm no way a tech guy, just like playing games, so pardon my ignorance. Just curious.

It's mostly because of ESRAM. The game is running at 60fps so the resolution needs to be lower in order to fit everything in those 32. On the PS4 this isn't a problem since its frame buffer can be huge. Could developers work around this limitation? Of course, but that's just not happening for cross-gen multiplat games.

At launchs, ESRAM needs to be worked out like the cell, but nowhere near that extent.

Around the Network
Seece said:
JoeTheBro said:

It's mostly because of ESRAM. The game is running at 60fps so the resolution needs to be lower in order to fit everything in those 32. On the PS4 this isn't a problem since its frame buffer can be huge. Could developers work around this limitation? Of course, but that's just not happening for cross-gen multiplat games.

At launchs, ESRAM needs to be worked out like the cell, but nowhere near that extent.

It'll be interesting as the gen progresses. Microsoft's tools and developer understanding will definitely evolve when it comes to ESRAM but I fear the increased reliance on differed rendering techniques could keep it stuck at lower resolutions. It certainly has the potential to be a life long bottleneck.

Who knows, maybe the move engines will be enough to change things. The one thing for certain is that it needs to keep strong sales or else only exclusives will shine, very similar to early PS3.

JoeTheBro said:
Zappykins said:

What about one of the TV apps?  Several cable companies have their own apps. (Time Warner, etc.)

It's not a problem of getting the content downstairs, but that it's basically a home theater system that's secluded from everything else. Great for gaming and movies, but not really the place to watch TV.

Also what were you guys thinking? In the poll you made the wrong game win!!!!!!! Titanfall won't forget this.

Ah, I didn't realieze the 'JoeTheBro' estate was so huge.  Have you ever explored all the rooms in the 2nd east wing yet?

(small artist rendering of real Joe Estate)

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Assassin's Creed IV 10 votes at 34.48%

Killer Instinct 18 votes at 62.07%

Interesting but not unexpected. I wonder who'll stay in front at the end!

Zappykins said:
JoeTheBro said:

It's not a problem of getting the content downstairs, but that it's basically a home theater system that's secluded from everything else. Great for gaming and movies, but not really the place to watch TV.

Also what were you guys thinking? In the poll you made the wrong game win!!!!!!! Titanfall won't forget this.

Ah, I didn't realieze the 'JoeTheBro' estate was so huge.  Have you ever explored all the rooms in the 2nd east wing yet?

(small artist rendering of real Joe Estate)

Fun fact: I lived in the same area as Carmelo Anthony before moving. One of my friends was his neighbor, the house just visible at the bottom of the picture.

Around the Network

Titian Fall Never (in big ass letters) coming to PS4. my salt.

Enter your gamertag to win fantastic prizes and unlock the GIANT XBOX ONE in VANCOUVER!!!

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=171114

Just saw the xbox one commercial for the first time on TV. It looks really good.

I'm kinda amazed I haven't seen you guys talking about the XBOX UI video yet

This is the only thread I can come to without having to see annoying people argue about consoles which haven't even released yet.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54