By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why are the new console wars viewed with such negativity?

There was no internet the way we know today during the SNES and Genesis battles. Those battles are just memories of kids in the school, now those battles have expanded to all over the world. Thank you internet! 

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network
badgenome said:
I don't remember Nintendo vs. Sega fondly at all. I had to kick a lot of Sega fan ass on the playground. It was a dirty job, but I believed in the mission. But in the end what was it all for? For Nintendo to sell us all out and make the fucking Wii?

Sometimes at night, I can still hear the screams...

Console war is hell.

All those poor souls who whooped, I bet those are the same people who turned casual after the beating and now Nintendo is making party games for them.

Hope you sleep even better with those thoughts.

It's all pretty tame compared to the mother of all platform wars: c64 vs speccy.

Because no one wants to admit they wasted 4-600 dollars.

Especially to a kid you've never met on the internet.

War...War never changes.

Around the Network

I find it funny how some people are so biased and yet claim to be impartial lol, anyway the console war is here to stay and next gen will probably be worst then this gen

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

How do people remember the Playstation 1 vs. the ... whatever Nintendo had at the time. The N64?

I remember thinking the name "Playstation" was lame. I remember thinking that Nintendo would slay the upstart and good riddance. I remember pouting a little that Sony didn't seem to be wilting. I remember feeling a bit anxious and insecure about Nintendo's position at the top. I remember seeing the Final Fantasy 7 commercial on a friend's television and, in that moment, sending up a new flag.

pokoko said:
How do people remember the Playstation 1 vs. the ... whatever Nintendo had at the time. The N64?

I remember thinking the name "Playstation" was lame. I remember thinking that Nintendo would slay the upstart and good riddance. I remember pouting a little that Sony didn't seem to be wilting. I remember feeling a bit anxious and insecure about Nintendo's position at the top. I remember seeing the Final Fantasy 7 commercial on a friend's television and, in that moment, sending up a new flag.

Then you fell in love, huh?

pokoko said:

That one is weird for me personally. Most of my gaming friends and I loved multiplayer so I saw a lot of N64s but the media made it seem like the PS1 was kicking its but thanks to FFVII and MGS. There were friends that had the Playstation and we'd play those game but mostly everyone was geeking over Goldeneye 007, Ocarina of Time for a little bit, Tony Hawk (which I didn't get), sports games and the latest Wrestling game on the N64.

The Playstation didn't pop off until the PS2 and even then most of my folk (outside the Fighting game fans and  RPG heads ) moved from the N64 to the Xbox due to Halo.

Fondly? After those Genesis commercials NO SEGA kid was safe, not even in their own house! Back then, Nintendo fanboys were WAY more vicious than todays' Sony fanboys.