By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Elder Scrolls Online thoughts

I was totally not interested in it when they announced it,
Got a little interested when they announced it for consoles
Then I followed a Weekly Elder scrolls online youtube show and got a lot more interested especially after FPS confirmation..

But then I read about the monthly subscription and that killed it for me..

Around the Network

I was interested until I saw the character design; looks a lot more childish/mass-appeal oriented as WoW does than I personally prefer. I'm willing to bite my tongue and check out a beta of it if possible, otherwise, I'll stick to FF14 as my primary mmo.

All of this, of course, is just my opinion.

Skyrim 100%'d. Dark Souls 100%'d. 
Dark Souls > Skyrim.
Halo 4 is the best damn FPS since Halo 3.
Proud pre-orderer of 2 PS4's and an Xbox One. 

Currently Playing: Dark Souls II, South Park
Playstation 4: MGS V GZ, Killzone: Shadow Fall, NBA 2k14.

PureDante said:
I was interested until I saw the character design; looks a lot more childish/mass-appeal oriented as WoW does than I personally prefer. I'm willing to bite my tongue and check out a beta of it if possible, otherwise, I'll stick to FF14 as my primary mmo.

Doesn't FF14 have classic JRPG art-style and characters? How can you then think ESO looks childish compared to anime-style characters?

Slimebeast said:
PureDante said:

Doesn't FF14 have classic JRPG art-style and characters? How can you then think ESO looks childish compared to anime-style characters?

Eh, I'm amused by shiny graphics, abd I just wasn't shocked by them as I was by, lets say, Skyrim or FF14. The gameplay looks fun, as ES game should, so I'll definitely try it.

Also, yes, FF14 has the more JRPG art-style, but it's more realistically drawn and designed than games like WoW or ESO. WoW and ESO going for the more colorful, cartoony, etc. 

All of this, of course, is just my opinion.

Skyrim 100%'d. Dark Souls 100%'d. 
Dark Souls > Skyrim.
Halo 4 is the best damn FPS since Halo 3.
Proud pre-orderer of 2 PS4's and an Xbox One. 

Currently Playing: Dark Souls II, South Park
Playstation 4: MGS V GZ, Killzone: Shadow Fall, NBA 2k14.

Its no rumour. It will have a monthyl fee.

Also, dont go expecting ti to be like skyrim. You actions wont have a huge impact in the world because the world is shared with many other players. Careful with those expectations or you will be disappointed. Online is a MMORPG, its not a single player game.

Beeing sub based is actually really good cause it ensure the game will receive proper content updates and improvements.

Around the Network

It's an MMO, you are going to either have a monthly sub or a pay-to-win system. MMO's aren't like CoD matches, them servers cost a lot of money, and you gotta pay for access one way or another.

The fact is, almost every good MMO has monthly fees, and something that's on the scale of Elder Scrolls is going to require a subscription. That's how they maintain good servers with lots of content.

If it bothers you, don't play. But don't whine about it. Those who choose to buy and subscribe will probably get way more for their money than you'll get with any non-mmo out there. 15 bucks a month with WoW got me more enjoyable game time than any $60 console game ever did, and when I grew tired of it, I cancelled. No regrets. I'll be watching to see if this game might bring me back into the world of MMO gaming.

They have already said it will be $15.00/month subscription.  (along with a paid auction house I believe.)

Even World of Warcraft gives you a month free when you buy the game.  And some of your actions do change the world.  Like you have to follow certain quest to see a hidden fort or something.  Otherwise you can go there, but will not see it.  (Been a while, but it was someplace snowy.)

I loved Skyrim.  My first Elder Scroll game.  I wish we could have friends just join us with their characters in our Skyrim world (hey buddy, I need help with this fierce Ancient Dragon!) But unfortunately, it will probably be not like that.

It's being farmed out to some other developer.

It's changed some of the lore, which has really made some long time fans mad.  But I'm new, so I don't really know it.

I haven't heard such good things about it from people that played it.

People are guessing it's not going to do that well after a few months and will go free to play.  I don't know.

Hopefully they can fix some of the gameplay problems.  I was excited till I heard the cost and some other issues.  I would feel like I have to make sure to get my $15 worth every month.  It becomes more like work.

I might just wait till Elder Scrolls VI, try The Witcher 3, or Skyrim in a completely different way with a new toon.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

i will probably buy is for ps4