By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Retailers are a part of the Wii U problem

Einsam_Delphin said:
Title should be changed to "Retailers are a small part of the problem," as it's pretty crazy to say Nintendo is blameless in the Wii U situation when they made the system.

Yeah, i agree the thread title is a bit misleading. I shall change it

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

Around the Network
VGKing said:
People aren't stupid. They are able to tell the difference between "3DS" and "DS" or "Wii U" and "Wii".

The Wii and Wii U cases aren't pretty different. Moreso than than of 3DS and Ds.

Say what now?? And I don't think your taking into consideration that there are parents who would be potential customers because of their kids.. that still in this day and age.. despite.. the months and years.. do not seem to understand there is a huge differance.. just because you know they are different does not mean everyone does.. and that makes a huge impact in the end.. we are gamers.. we are informed.. but some of the people who would buy these systems are not... and retailers.. nor Nintendo (I am not blaming the retailers entirely here) Are not helping... places like Amazon has to help.. or the people need to take the perogitive (I think that's the word..) Or initiative to learn.. but some don't// the other day.. I was generally embarrased when I read a forum where a parent thought if they sawed off the end of a 3DS game.. thinking if it just fit the DS his kid owned it would work.. (Personally I think the person has some issues.. but hey) the point is.. yes there is a general confusion.. and it takes a bit for people to get over it... sometimes.. because their kids ask for games.. say on the Wii U... and they get it.. not realizing the Wii U is not a simple tablet...controller or whatever.. and thinking it's going to work on the Wii.. and there is very little to nothing that some retailers are doing to prevent this... then they wonder why the sales stink.. (But like I said.. it's also Nintendo's fault..) 

Nintendo Wii by generations...

1. Wii

2. Wii U

3. Wii O U

Predictions made by gamers concerning the current Nintendo line up of games.

Pikmen 3= Little Bump to nothing. (Got Little Bump)

Wind Waker HD= Won't sell anything (The explosion happened here and at one time 4 Wii U games was in the Amazon top 100)

Super Mario 3D World= Won't help at all looks cheap. (Currently the most sought after Wii U game and continuing the Wii U increase.)

Cleary397 said:
LiquorandGunFun said:
uhhh nope. nintendo is. from the naming to the look of the box. its all nintendo, the retailers dont design it, name it, and market it(besides a flyer for a sale).

Im guessing you didnt read my OP.

I wasnt talking about the console itself, i was talking about the way in which the games are displayed in a physical store. Which, im guessing, is mostly decided by the retailer. Though i guess Nintendo can provide more promotional material for them.

i did, i guess i wasnt specific enough the game box, the physical container with the game. the labels are identical, in otherwords i agree with you on that part. i just believe it is nintendos fault, i think you were getting to that idk, you said retailers were the problem, but i believe its nintendo branding, like box design and something to distingusih the games from other systems, it is nintendo who designs it, not the retailer.

LiquorandGunFun said:
Cleary397 said:
LiquorandGunFun said:
uhhh nope. nintendo is. from the naming to the look of the box. its all nintendo, the retailers dont design it, name it, and market it(besides a flyer for a sale).

Im guessing you didnt read my OP.

I wasnt talking about the console itself, i was talking about the way in which the games are displayed in a physical store. Which, im guessing, is mostly decided by the retailer. Though i guess Nintendo can provide more promotional material for them.

i did, i guess i wasnt specific enough the game box, the physical container with the game. the labels are identical, in otherwords i agree with you on that part. i just believe it is nintendos fault, i think you were getting to that idk, you said retailers were the problem, but i believe its nintendo branding, like box design and something to distingusih the games from other systems, it is nintendo who designs it, not the retailer.

But the retailer needs to seperate its products into categories more clearly.

It would be like a book retailer not seperating out the in store books into genres, or by author. it would create confusion for customers looking for something, or just browsing for new products.

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

Ive noticed this a lot in most stores i visit. However believe it or not, GAME has a good selection of Wii U games and its own Wii U section . They also have future games advertised for pre order (Watch Dogs, AC4, Pikmin3, Rayman). Im not usually a fan of GAME, but the ones i visit have Wii U store space spot on.

Around the Network
Gamegears said:
VGKing said:
People aren't stupid. They are able to tell the difference between "3DS" and "DS" or "Wii U" and "Wii".

The Wii and Wii U cases aren't pretty different. Moreso than than of 3DS and Ds.

Say what now?? And I don't think your taking into consideration that there are parents who would be potential customers because of their kids.. that still in this day and age.. despite.. the months and years.. do not seem to understand there is a huge differance.. just because you know they are different does not mean everyone does.. and that makes a huge impact in the end.. we are gamers.. we are informed.. but some of the people who would buy these systems are not... and retailers.. nor Nintendo (I am not blaming the retailers entirely here) Are not helping... places like Amazon has to help.. or the people need to take the perogitive (I think that's the word..) Or initiative to learn.. but some don't// the other day.. I was generally embarrased when I read a forum where a parent thought if they sawed off the end of a 3DS game.. thinking if it just fit the DS his kid owned it would work.. (Personally I think the person has some issues.. but hey) the point is.. yes there is a general confusion.. and it takes a bit for people to get over it... sometimes.. because their kids ask for games.. say on the Wii U... and they get it.. not realizing the Wii U is not a simple tablet...controller or whatever.. and thinking it's going to work on the Wii.. and there is very little to nothing that some retailers are doing to prevent this... then they wonder why the sales stink.. (But like I said.. it's also Nintendo's fault..) 

People may have been confused at first, they're not anymore. Nintendo has done a great job with the ads. 3DS and Wii U are new sytems. Everyone knows that. A lot of people just don't care.