By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Iwata Interview - Wii Shortages, Game Development, WiiWare, 3rd Parties

@Stever89:

That's why, to my knowledge, Nintendo has NEVER posted a period of financial loss, even when they struggled in the market. Their business aspect is extremely sound.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Around the Network

damn 10 million? That sounds pretty high.

Stever89 said:

"[. . .] which is that we as a company are standing on ground that will crumble away underneath us the minute we stop moving forward, and that this knowledge is driving us to keep working."

What a great quote.

This explains the level design on several SMG levels where the ground below you disappears.  The entire game is clearly an analogy for Nintendo and Sony is bowser (Microsoft would be toadstool or something harmless since they're not a real competitor).

i

Proud member of the Fierce Fox Force.

"I strike spurs onto my Wii controller. And against Sony and MS I fling myself,
unvanquished and unyielding. 'O Wii!!!"

-The Nintendian Philosophy

So VC sold 1/3 of ALL ps3 sales? Hehe.

Can't we get a list of the games that are sold on VC? I'd love to see that. Maybe OoT has beaten 8M... Can MK64 have beaten 10M? Super Mario 64 has surely beaten 12M. Now OoT is finally ahead of FFX and VIII, so only 1 FF has sold better. MK64 might soon be the best selling racer ever (beating GT1)

Can possibly Donkey Kong break back into the top 10? (It is currently at 12th)

Give us a list Iwata!

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network

Great article. It goes to show that Nintendo knows what they are doing.

Go Iwata Go.

"To love and to cherish, in sickness and in health, for as long you shall be resurrected from death in the church"

I think it's a great strategy. You use Nintendo to get the console selling, and then leave the remaining console lifespan to third parties. I remember Nintendo talking about this on numerous other occasions.

That was a fantastic interveiw. Nintendo have got a great leader there. I especially liked the part when he said "It feels like it takes a bit of time for popular perception to catch up to the actual sales figures."

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Currently own- DS, PSP, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 DreamCast.

Man i have too many consoles..... 

Quotes to live by!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"- Helen Keller

"i am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward"-Thomas Edison

"Man is not the creature of circumstancesCircumstances are the creatures of men"

All that interview means to me is

Wii sells 60 million by end of 2008.

He's pretty much confirmed it.

Things change after March. DRASTICALLY.

John Lucas 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

pretty interesting and some good quotes

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"