By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Codename: "HANDICAP" - upcoming project

That is quite possibly the freshest and innovative concept I've seen for a game in ages. Can't wait to see more of it, CGI!

Around the Network

Is the game going to be highly cinematic and emotional? Would be a shame if it wasn't.

I like the option for third person and first person camera . Can I ask what genre is the game?

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Wow this sounds very interesting, cant wait to see more.

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

How are the graphics?

Around the Network

Is this in any way inspired by Katawa Shoujo?

Your post is like one of those trailers that shows story, characters, and no gameplay. Can I expect this balance to be reflected in the game itself?

Do you have reason to believe this game will sell?

CGI-Quality said:
Anfebious said:
I like the option for third person and first person camera . Can I ask what genre is the game?

We call it Psychological Drama. So, it will have some horror elements, but it's generally a game of emotion and "what-would-you-do" moments. Not necessarily random choices (i.e. Heavy Rain or Mass Effect), but make you consider the next playthrough with a specific character. 

Combat is there, but not plentiful and while you can die, we're aiming to make those moments as few as possible, as to not break immersion.

Wow! It sounds interesting and I love games with lots of choices and consecuences! If they really change the outcome of the game I would consider the idea of several playtroughs :O (I usually don't replay games XD). 

The idea of combat is cool. I wouldn't mind dying in those scenes but yeah it kinda ruins the immersion.

So far It seems really interesting! . Keep up the good work I look forward to earing more of this project!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

"3. He/she suffers from Meniere's Disease - one that attacks the inner ear, causing vertigo, balancing/hearing issues, and, sometimes, slight memory loss (all such features will be represented in-game)."

this part has me very interesated. its rather unique that you play as a character with a rather serious disease. and i actually am very interested to see how this plays out. my question is in regard to this, since the first character you revealed has this disease and seems to be rather a large focus on the game, it surely means that you and the team have a meaning behind the video game? if so, can you discusse it? 

another thing, can you tell us the genre of the game? 

CGI-Quality said:

We're currently targeting a 2016 release of "HANDICAP"

--

Looks promising and original. Will definitely buy it, if it comes out on PS4 ;o

CGI-Quality said:
Soleron said:

Well, we'd love it if the concept catches on (we have several projects in the works, with this one being, by far, our most ambitious). We also know this is a bvery limited section of the gaming world, so we 're treating it accordingly. I hate that I don't have a trailer, but it just wasn't ready. However, I promised to show something a few months ago.

As for Katawa Shoujo, it isn't, but we learned told about that idea just after development started. 

"several projects in the works" just set off all the alarm bells that weren't set off by a quirky, narrative-heavy, emotional game.

3.5 year dev time * 8+ staff + rent + equipment + licenses + publisher cut = $3m budget easily. You really think you'll sell >50k (@$60) or >100k (@$30) on PS4 plus PC?

You can't teach the market to like your kind of game. You have to satisfy an existing demand that's being underserved.

I think you're just making what you want to make...