By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 outselling the 360 by 10,000 with US and Others COMBINED!!!

>It's too late for the PS3 to be dominant this generation. The 360 already has too many users.

LOL 7 million more is "too many users"? LMAO!!!!

if EA, the most US-based company can come out and predict PS3 outselling 360, that's really saying something.

I predict PS3 will catch up to 360 (WW) around mid of 09. both around 25-27 million mark.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

@Kingofwale

if we'r talking bout Japan

think about what Final Fantasy frikkin 13 will do!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

The only people who are annoyed by this thread are the ones telling PS3 fans that there system sucks, and will never sell well.

It's time for all those who dished it out to take a little of it.

I think the title of the thread is what's annoying people; the sales difference isn't really worth all the shouting.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

i'm pretty much certain that sony is anticipating a price cut from microsoft. it's pretty obvious. why do you think sony have been rushing to reduce costs of producingthe ps3? i think that when microsoft do a price drop, sony will do the exact same.

Around the Network

Why is this thread so long?

/looks at tile

*Thread shows PS3 in a good light*

/gets why this thread is so long.

But seriously, every positive PS3 thread is like four pages long, as to why the info is not positive, and every negative PS3 thread is like four pages long, with people fighting about the negatives of the system. This is really sad.

>think about what Final Fantasy frikkin 13 will do!

Yeah, I factored all those in, even FFXIII versus and GT5. FFXIII and Versus themselves should move about 1 million units in Japan. you will see boost of sale in a month and then PS3 will level off to a new weekly average. (Now it's at 50-60K at Japan, after that, you will probably see them at 80-100K per week)

FF series has sold no less than 1.8 million in its first week in Japan since it was introduced on Sony main console (if you don't count FFXI and Crisis Core), I don't expect it to do less than 1.3 even with the much reduced user base.

Of course, I will import it.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
kingofwale said:
>It's too late for the PS3 to be dominant this generation. The 360 already has too many users.

LOL 7 million more is "too many users"? LMAO!!!!

if EA, the most US-based company can come out and predict PS3 outselling 360, that's really saying something.

I predict PS3 will catch up to 360 (WW) around mid of 09. both around 25-27 million mark.

You're giving me a silly 12 year old "LMAO" comment when it's plain to see you didn't even read what I said? I said DOMINANT. I didn't talk about which console will have more. The point was that NEITHER console will DOMINATE the other, simply because BOTH consoles will have too many users for developers to ignore. This isn't going to be like the last generation where PS2 was able to get ahead by such a huge number that developers could afford to ignore the other platform entirely. This time around, they have to support both. If they don't, they miss a huge portion of their potential market. Therefore, it is too late for the PS3 to be dominant this generation.

Read what I say before wasting my time, child.

DMeisterJ said:
Why is this thread so long?

/looks at tile

*Thread shows PS3 in a good light*

/gets why this thread is so long.

But seriously, every positive PS3 thread is like four pages long, as to why the info is not positive, and every negative PS3 thread is like four pages long, with people fighting about the negatives of the system. This is really sad.

You are allowed to post your opinions on this forum as long as the Wii is portayed in a good light, 360 neutral, and PS3 bad /sarcasm

All I got to say is everything is going exactly to my prediction.  I will say no more because I will be thought of as a Krazy Sony Fanboy. 

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

@Kingofwale

import??you understand japanese...

well I'll import it frm USA....cus as usual we humans in EU will get it eons late

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey