By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 outselling the 360 by 10,000 with US and Others COMBINED!!!

Legend11 said:
Anyone who thinks the PS3 will suddenly become cheaper to produce than the 360 is living in denial. The 360 Premium was already $100 cheaper to produce a year ago than the PS3 40gig is now. Who knows how much it's gone down in production costs since then.

Wow....$100.

Try cutting by over $450 in one year. Then you'll have an argument about who's better at cost reduction

Around the Network
4D Gamer III said:

Why do you assume all PS3 owners will bother with Blu-Ray. Why do you assume any PS3 owner isn't bitter with Blu-Ray over making their console so expensive and crippling the Playstation's grip on the market? Why do you think the PS3's numbers will in anyway force an unavoidable change in home media formats? I think you've confused PS3 owners with the home media market as a whole.

I'm sure it makes sense to you, but if everyone shared your way of thinking, the PS3 would be the number one selling console right now.

Well, seeing how Blu-ray has dominated, I think PS3 owners have cared about it and aren't bitter. How else would you explain the more expensive Blu-ray beating the cheaper HD DVD? Yep....that's right, the 9.76 million PS3 owners, that's what

Legend11 said:
The 360 Premium was already $100 cheaper to produce a year ago than the PS3 40gig is now. Who knows how much it's gone down in production costs since then.

Yes, but we should keep in mind Microsoft is forced to spend much more cash on service (personel, coffins, couriers, components etc.) than Sony. I'm sure upcoming X360's price cut will be a difficult decision also for Microsoft gaming division. In Europe price cut won't help. 

Sony moved GT5P launch to April. It's a very smart decision. Two big games in one month. One extra reason to buy a PS3 instead of X360 during GTA4 rush. It will work perfectly.

@Funkrusher

HALO 3 appeals to a WIDER Demographic than GT5 & FFXIII

WHAT BS!

GT series has never sold below 9 million (peaking at 15 million) & FF never below 5 million (peaking at 10 million)

It's quite obvious GT as a series is bigger than Halo...now

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

4D Gamer III said:
People first claimed that the PS3 would sell more than the 360 someday because it can double as a Blu-Ray player yet when that day comes the boast is quickly forgotten in favor of believing people are only buying it to play games.

The 360 and PS3 are both in a dangerous predicament of losing steam as they swat at eachother's markets. I don't see either with much promise at the moment though the PS3 does seem to have a few more bullets left to fire. But on that note, I seriously hope the PS3 well wishers in this thread aren't banking on MGS4 and FFXIII doing for the PS3 what Halo 3 did for the 360, because even if they did, that still wouldn't be enough to make a significant difference in the long run. Even the N64 had LOZ: Ocarina of Time and Golden Eye 007.

If a person had told me two years ago that Sony fans would someday rejoice at the sight of a invincible Playstation brand outselling the upstart Xbox brand by such a slim margin I probably would have laughed. How far the mighty have fallen. As for the Wii, its all these very same fans can do just to pretend it doesn't even exist.

I bought it for Blu-ray as with two other people I know. Also, Blu-ray helps games... I'm looking forward to a 360 price drop and a decrease in failure rates so I can pick one up. The new falcons are still failing, although not as much.

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
@Funkrusher

WHAT BS!

GT series has never sold below 9 million (peaking at 15 million) & FF never below 5 million (peaking at 10 million)

You smoking crack?

Omac said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Funkrusher

WHAT BS!

You smoking crack?

Halo 1 - 6,43 million

Halo 2 - 8,45 million

Halo 3 - 7,13 million

GT1 - 10,85 million

GT2 - 9,37 million

GT3 - 14,87 million

GT4 - 8,87 million

I'm loving this competition. It only turns into awesomeness for me. Let's hope we get a full on price war so I can pick me up some cheap ass games and systems.

I think the closer this race gets the better it is for gamers.

Currently Playing:

Xbox 360 - Rock Band, NHL 08, Skate, Halo 3, Mass Effect

Wii - Mario Galaxy

Omac said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Funkrusher

WHAT BS!

You smoking crack?

And you are too big of a Halo fanboy to realise that he is right.  Numbers don't lie, back under your bridge troll.

@Omac

Put your glasses on & look at the numbers....

EACH new GT or FF ona NEW console has been something close to phenomenon..

GT1 - 10 million

FF7 - 10 million

GT3 - 15 Million

FF10 - 8 Million

See a trend?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey