By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why are VC games so damn expensive?

By the way I don't have a NES/SNES/N64.

This might only apply to the UK.

Why are VC games so expensive? It cost £15 (30$) for 2000 Wii points in the UK. A N64 game cost 1000 points, so that is £7.50 (15$) for a N64 game. That is just ridiculous! I wanted to buy LoZ:OoT, SM64 and MK64, but realized it would cost me £22.50 (45$) in total, which is such a rip off.

In comparison, on the PS store I can buy a PS1 game for £3.50 (7$) which is fine. I have bought Theme Hospital, Crash Bandicoot and Medieval for £3.50 (7$) each which is very fair.

Why are N64 games double the price of PS1 games? It has stopped me buying three of the supposedly best games ever. It is also stupid that a NES game costs as much as a PS1 game and a SNES is more than £5 (10$).

Doesn't anyone else feel ripped off by this?

Rant over. 

Around the Network

lol at comparing ps1 games to nes/snes/n64 ^^

also, i have 15 vc games, and no, i don't feel ripped off at all

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

No idea, they're shooting themselves in the foot. When I see one I want all it prompts me to do is go on eBay and buy it for half the price, thus making them no money.

@Neos:

PS1 and N64 were the same generation. Why is that funny?

OP: It's not as bad in North America. It sounds like Europeans are getting screwed on the price, yet again.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

Neos said:
lol at comparing ps1 games to nes/snes/n64 ^^

also, i have 15 vc games, and no, i don't feel ripped off at all

Why is that funny?

N64 and PS1 where the same generation and the NES and SNES are even older, they should be cheaper. 

Around the Network

i guess you did not see the thread / report on VC game prices compared to actually finding and purchasing the same games now.

I will look for it for you , but basically it proved that VC prices are actually a little less than buying the game itself now. Assuming you also own a working original console.

Plus in the states, our prices are less than yours.

It is because Nintendo are so short of money, they are not making enough from the Wii or the DS

OT: how big is the selection in the UK?

ferret1603 said:
No idea, they're shooting themselves in the foot. When I see one I want all it prompts me to do is go on eBay and buy it for half the price, thus making them no money.

While I would agree the games are overpriced, especially many of the NES ones, people have proven willing to pay that much, so for better or for worse, we're stuck with it, for now.

@Munkeh111

pretty big, about 10-15 games in each genre.

i dont know it cost 10 bucks in the states,

but for comparision here ya go,

keep in mid this is ebay, for Zelda...
http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Legend-of-Zelda-Ocarina-of-Time-Nintendo-64-N64-OoT_W0QQitemZ150203901626QQihZ005QQcategoryZ62053QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQtrksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem

MArio,
http://cgi.ebay.com/Nintendo-64-N64-Super-Mario-64-game_W0QQitemZ360018688501QQihZ023QQcategoryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem