By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Core exclusives Sony (PS3) Vs MS (X360).

areason said:
Th3PANO said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Domination where it matters.

Oh dear. If Move would have been as successful as Kinect you would see a lot more games for it too.

Sony doesn't make many first party devs work on move games. So their would have bee no difference. 

no first party doesn't mean no  move exclusives. the majority of kinect games isn't first party.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
pezus said:
DirtyP2002 said:

So if we exclude:

- Digital releases
- Console exclusives
- 2005 - 2010

you get the picture you asked for!

Here is another one:

Here's something else:

"After announcing at its Xbox One unveiling in May that it had 15 games in development, eight of which were exclusives, Sony Europe CEO Jim Ryan told Gamereactor that it has 30 PlayStation 4 exclusives in development, 20 of which will arrive in the console’s first year and at least 12 of which are brand new franchises. Some of those currently unannounced PS4 games will be revealed at the German Gamescom convention in August, Ryan hinted.http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/sony-one-ups-microsoft-with-20-ps4-exclusives-in-first-year/#ixzz2ZFeFW6G2 "

MS try again

Good old Sony, doing what Sony does.

announcing things way in advance again..... anyone seen Agent or Eight days or Last Guardian recently? 

Eight days was canceled, last guardian is still in development as stated by sony, the game was dropped for a while causing this delay.

Because the recent halo anouncement isn't in advance. 

There's actually quite a few games missing from both sides. Sony's list is largely better because of Japan, I just wish they made quality JRPGs like they used too...

It seems it dosen´t matter that half of PS3 lest are from japanease third party games that are financially unfeaseble to port to the 360.

yes nothing like a forced kinect 2 with no gamez to justify it. M$ could have cleaned house, may still will with a subsedized version, but for $300 a xbo with no kinect would be kick ass.

Around the Network
areason said:
sth88 said:
Two things about this graph...

1) It is misleading. This graph pits Xbox 360 and PS3 side-by-side with no mention of PC games, and then goes on to omit a number of games (at least on the Xbox side), presumably because PC versions became available later on. I'm noticing Fable 3 and Alan Wake right now, and there may be others, on either side. In a console vs. console comparison, Microsoft's offerings are more robust than this graph is indicating.

2) Even when we add console exclusives to the Xbox side, there are still clearly more controller-based exclusives on the PS3 side, and many of them are unquestionably high quality games. So why have I not switched over to PS3 as my main console? Because there are a couple of issues that a large quantity of games is not able to solve:

a) Money. Just because Sony puts out more 1st party games doesn't mean I have the money to buy them all, AND still buy the 3rd-party games that I want. Sometimes a 3rd-party game will take priority for me over any 1st-party game that is available at the time. At the end of the day, I wouldn't be buying any more 1st-party games if I were a PS3 owner.

b) Appeal of the games. Many of Sony's high-quality games simply don't appeal to me, or else don't have as strong an appeal as some of Microsoft's games. Out of all those controller-based games on the Sony side, only about 4 or so are games I'd actually be interested in buying (Uncharted 3, The Last of Us, LittleBigPlanet 2, Heavy Rain), and I'd still rather have Halo: Reach and Halo 4 than any of those four PS3 exclusives. And it's not just Halo; Fable 3 and Alan Wake appeal to me more than God of War 3, even though God of War has more impressive visuals and got a better Metacritic score.

LOL, a large quantity of games helps you make better decisions in order to truly get your mony's worth. It aids your usage of money. 

Having a larger selection of first party games to choose from is all well and good, but it doesn't translate to "aiding the usage of my money" if I'm not interested in what they have to offer (see point 2a in my post above).  As it stands now, Microsoft makes more games that I am interested in than Sony does, even though Sony makes more games overall.  Therefore, the larger selection of 1st-party Sony games does nothing for me, because I'm not interested enough in what they have, and even if I was I don't have the money to really take advantage of their selection.

Wow this thread made me lol XD

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

sth88 said:
areason said:
sth88 said:
Two things about this graph...

1) It is misleading. This graph pits Xbox 360 and PS3 side-by-side with no mention of PC games, and then goes on to omit a number of games (at least on the Xbox side), presumably because PC versions became available later on. I'm noticing Fable 3 and Alan Wake right now, and there may be others, on either side. In a console vs. console comparison, Microsoft's offerings are more robust than this graph is indicating.

2) Even when we add console exclusives to the Xbox side, there are still clearly more controller-based exclusives on the PS3 side, and many of them are unquestionably high quality games. So why have I not switched over to PS3 as my main console? Because there are a couple of issues that a large quantity of games is not able to solve:

a) Money. Just because Sony puts out more 1st party games doesn't mean I have the money to buy them all, AND still buy the 3rd-party games that I want. Sometimes a 3rd-party game will take priority for me over any 1st-party game that is available at the time. At the end of the day, I wouldn't be buying any more 1st-party games if I were a PS3 owner.

b) Appeal of the games. Many of Sony's high-quality games simply don't appeal to me, or else don't have as strong an appeal as some of Microsoft's games. Out of all those controller-based games on the Sony side, only about 4 or so are games I'd actually be interested in buying (Uncharted 3, The Last of Us, LittleBigPlanet 2, Heavy Rain), and I'd still rather have Halo: Reach and Halo 4 than any of those four PS3 exclusives. And it's not just Halo; Fable 3 and Alan Wake appeal to me more than God of War 3, even though God of War has more impressive visuals and got a better Metacritic score.

LOL, a large quantity of games helps you make better decisions in order to truly get your mony's worth. It aids your usage of money. 

Having a larger selection of first party games to choose from is all well and good, but it doesn't translate to "aiding the usage of my money" if I'm not interested in what they have to offer (see point 2a in my post above).  As it stands now, Microsoft makes more games that I am interested in than Sony does, even though Sony makes more games overall.  Therefore, the larger selection of 1st-party Sony games does nothing for me, because I'm not interested enough in what they have, and even if I was I don't have the money to really take advantage of their selection.

Yes nullifieng point your first point. Thanks for the help 

kowenicki said:
pezus said:

Here's something else:

"After announcing at its Xbox One unveiling in May that it had 15 games in development, eight of which were exclusives, Sony Europe CEO Jim Ryan told Gamereactor that it has 30 PlayStation 4 exclusives in development, 20 of which will arrive in the console’s first year and at least 12 of which are brand new franchises. Some of those currently unannounced PS4 games will be revealed at the German Gamescom convention in August, Ryan hinted.http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/sony-one-ups-microsoft-with-20-ps4-exclusives-in-first-year/#ixzz2ZFeFW6G2 "

MS try again

Good old Sony, doing what Sony does.

announcing things way in advance again..... anyone seen Agent or Eight days or Last Guardian recently? 

Yeah, based on this console generation, we'll see what company succeeds in bringing the games.  If the Xbox 360 and PS3 are what we can base our predictions on, I have no problem betting that Xbox One will have more games out the gate, but Sony will end up having far more when it's all said and done.  

As Sony has mentioned in the past multiple times over the last half decade or so, it's a marathon, not a sprint.  the PS3's 2013 vs the Xbox 360's 2011, 2012, and 2013 can attest to that.  

And Sony will be more generous with Indies, so the one place the Xbox 360 excelled is going to be a far more level playing feild, probably edging towards Sony's camp.  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

That's crazy! I guess that's why the PS3 surpassed the 360.