By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pikmin 3 NA Commercial

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Around the Network

This could have been a lot better if they went with another approach on the advertising.

not impressed. But better than the original wii u commercial with the dubstep crap

A chimpanzee could market better than NoA.

curl-6 said:

NoA is clearly targeting kids with these commercials, but I think it's a mistake to market Pikmin 3 to kids.

Around the Network
MDMAlliance said:
curl-6 said:

NoA is clearly targeting kids with these commercials, but I think it's a mistake to market Pikmin 3 to kids.

Exactly. Pikmin is a title with lots of appeal to adults, but they're applying the same "must be a kid's game" label to it that their naysayers already apply to Nintendo stuff.

This kind of thing scares off the self-described "hardcore" gamers, and whether Nintendo likes it or not, it could use those gamers' money.

Did we just return to the 90s? What the hell is NoA doing with these ads lately?

curl-6 said:
MDMAlliance said:
curl-6 said:

Exactly. Pikmin is a title with lots of appeal to adults, but they're applying the same "must be a kid's game" label to it that their naysayers already apply to Nintendo stuff.

This kind of thing scares off the self-described "hardcore" gamers, and whether Nintendo likes it or not, it could use those gamers' money.

I agree. I am interested in this game and I intend to get it, but if I didn't know about it and was first made aware of it by this ad I would not bother with it. Horrible on their part.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

It's OK, but the japanese one is a lot better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VNBkurC0p0

Nintendo of America is marketing too much to kids. If they keep this up they truly will end up with another Gamecube on their hands. If you market to Adults kids will like it too, but not vice versa.

I liked the add until the Colonel started speaking. So unfitting.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.