By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Chicago Police Department is 10.5 million over budget, but "Chiraq" is one of the most violent cities in the WORLD!

Don't go around tonight!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
the2real4mafol said:

The 2nd amendment couldn't consider any of this because the founding fathers obviously couldn't tell that technology would advance so much. Unfortunately now it is a problem but because of how the US constitution works, there is no easy fix like there was in the UK or Australia. 

Well generally there are no fixes for things that have no problems.

It is a problem when there are massacres and shootings nearly all the time. Especially in Chicago, where over 500 homicides happened in 2012! Either get strict on guns or find the causes of the gang problem in these big cities and tackle them (it's probably more economic in reasons than guns). We shouldn't have to avoid certain areas of cities just because the state and police won't do there jobs to make areas safe. Crime is one of the most important domestic issues i think and yet not just in the US but also in my country, nothing seems to be done to effectively tackle it and it's causes. 

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

the2real4mafol said:
Kasz216 said:
the2real4mafol said:

The 2nd amendment couldn't consider any of this because the founding fathers obviously couldn't tell that technology would advance so much. Unfortunately now it is a problem but because of how the US constitution works, there is no easy fix like there was in the UK or Australia. 

Well generally there are no fixes for things that have no problems.

It is a problem when there are massacres and shootings nearly all the time. Especially in Chicago, where over 500 homicides happened in 2012! Either get strict on guns or find the causes of the gang problem in these big cities and tackle them (it's probably more economic in reasons than guns). We shouldn't have to avoid certain areas of cities just because the state and police won't do there jobs to make areas safe. Crime is one of the most important domestic issues i think and yet not just in the US but also in my country, nothing seems to be done to effectively tackle it and it's causes. 

That's like saying cars are a big problem because of the huge prevelence of car accident and drunk driving deaths.  Espiecally in certain roads with names like "Deadman's curve".

What you are talking about is a problem, but not one related to guns.

Kasz216 said:

the2real4mafol said:

That's like saying cars are a big problem because of the huge prevelence of car accident and drunk driving deaths.  Espiecally in certain roads with names like "Deadman's curve".

What you are talking about is a problem, but not one related to guns.

What do you think is the cause of crime in these big cities like Chicago? 

I blame the shitty economy mostly. The lack of decent jobs specifically. 

Also, there is probably some complex social problems too leading to so much crime. 

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

I'm glad that I live in a safe place.

Around the Network
the2real4mafol said:

They probably spend in the wrong areas so can't be very effective. I'm sure corruption plays it's part. Also, i wonder how accurately Watch dogs will portray the crime problems, that game is set in Chicago.

Also my problem with the 2nd amendment is that the US constitution was written at a time when guns fired one bullet only and then took a minute to reload. People could get very easily if the shooters missed. Guns now can hold potentially 100's of bullets and many are automatic. They are also far more deadly now and if you miss one bullet, another will very quickly. Guns are also far more common now than back in the 18th century. The 2nd amendment couldn't consider any of this because the founding fathers obviously couldn't tell that technology would advance so much. Unfortunately now it is a problem but because of how the US constitution works, there is no easy fix like there was in the UK or Australia. 

Not to nitpick, but I'd like to see if any of these guns with 100's of bullets outside mounted turrets and designs so insane no one mass produces them. Aren't you sure that you are talking out of your Resident Evil and Call of Duty experience? Anyways in the 17th century there already were Flintlock pistols with multiple barrels, not to mention your reloading times are unrealistic - even large, cumbersome muskets could be easily reloaded in less than half a minute, and pistols on less than that. The fact they could misfire on unexperienced hands was more of an issue. And their smoke and the cheap lead used on the bullets was quite toxic, so yeah.

Personally I think the evolution of cartidges and their stopping power is the real deal you should focus on. The manufacturing of hollow point bullets and expanding rounds as a whole should be globally banned, really. I mean, as long as you aren't hit on the wrong place, you are very likely going to survive an standard engagement (two to four rounds) of the most common calibers. Other kinds of projectiles, not so much.