By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Here's what should've been the ideal Wii U launch IMHO. What about you guys?

Tagged games:

FarleyMcFirefly said:
Sensei said:

My dream scenario: Wii U releasing this holiday for 299-349 right up against PS4 and Bone. Can you guys just imagine it? Holiday 2013 under a different name, 299-349 USD, more powerful, HDD, no tablet, a new account system, no region locks, achievements, lots of third party support (GTA, CoD, FF, Street Fighter, all the PS360 stuff really), keep the partnership with Sega, Monster Hunter, Bayonetta, tons of Nintendo IPs, etc. Add remote play via 3DS and boom!

This would probably be a day one console for me. It would feel like Super Nintendo all over again: powerful, Nintendo IPs and crazy 3rd party, except now with Sega on board too.

How about you guys? What would be your ideal scenario for the Wii U launch?

I don't understand why so many people hate the gamepad...
It is really neat and adds a lot to some  of the games.  What your asking is just great graphics for Nintendo franchises?
Nintendo is different and that is what I at least find the most appealing of all the consoles.

Nope, do not need great graphics from Nintendo IPs (though of course the prettier the better). But a more powerful console would be certainly more competitive when getting those third party "AAA" high budget titles.

Nintendo being unique and different is nice, but they can't make up for everything. Goddamn, some features are considered essential nowadays and they ignore them - make-or-break stuff such as accounts, and to a lesser extent optional stuff like achievements who sway people to the competition.

What I mean is, Nintendo makes some sacrifices that shouldn't be made. They could have EVERYTHING. They could easily be the crystal-clear best option out there (see how often Sony and MS fuck up and Nintendo doesn't capitalize on), but for some reason they don't seem to try to.

Around the Network

i think my ideal launch would have been exacly what it was except with a better list of games. Where was borderlands? Where was dishonored? Where was xcom? Where was nintendo's 1st party support? Need AT LEAST 2 solid 1st party titles, but we only got 1. Also, and i know it's a stretch, but i think it might've been a good move for nintendo to throw some money at developers to port over predecessor to each sequel that was a wii-u launch to the e-shop. Thinking of buying ninja gaiden 3? here, buy the 1st 2 for 20-30$. Assassins creed (1 and 2 only), mass effect, and especially batman. Wish they would do the same thing with bayonetta. Obviously nintendo wouldn't have made alot of money doing this, but sometimes you gotta eat profits to establish an install base. Look at M$; hundred of millions paying developers for timed exclusivity and exclusive dlc early on in the game to establish install base, now they have the most supported online infrastructure of any of the big 3.

Turkish said:
Only 50 euros cheaper than ps4?

holy crap, that is an awesome pic in your sig!   that's exactly what i pictured in my mind when i first heard him say that.

They screwed it up

this is my ideal launch...
same everything....
launch with games like...
super mario universe
kid icarus: the archer of doom
kong trop.
-and-
x

that kid icarus would have been great complement with the tablet... that would showcase it very good...

imagine the flight battle in HD.......

then monster hunter 4 and zelda remake in 2013's holiday

pikmin, EARTHBOUND, w101, etc in between....

yeah that would have been a great line up...

put in 100 hours of game play in x
and another 80 in kid icarus... yeah make it epic

then 50 hours of mario... then it wouldnt make it seem like a loooooooong wait....

2014 will have smash and mk....

then release new zelda, fox, NSMB, kirby 3D and metroid in between and holidays....

Around the Network
Sensei said:

My dream scenario: Wii U releasing this holiday for 299-349 right up against PS4 and Bone. Can you guys just imagine it? Holiday 2013 under a different name, 299-349 USD, more powerful, HDD, no tablet, a new account system, no region locks, achievements, lots of third party support (GTA, CoD, FF, Street Fighter, all the PS360 stuff really), keep the partnership with Sega, Monster Hunter, Bayonetta, tons of Nintendo IPs, etc. Add remote play via 3DS and boom!

Isn't this just the PS4 hardware?

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

Sensei said:
FarleyMcFirefly said:

I don't understand why so many people hate the gamepad...
It is really neat and adds a lot to some  of the games.  What your asking is just great graphics for Nintendo franchises?
Nintendo is different and that is what I at least find the most appealing of all the consoles.

Nope, do not need great graphics from Nintendo IPs (though of course the prettier the better). But a more powerful console would be certainly more competitive when getting those third party "AAA" high budget titles.

Nintendo being unique and different is nice, but they can't make up for everything. Goddamn, some features are considered essential nowadays and they ignore them - make-or-break stuff such as accounts, and to a lesser extent optional stuff like achievements who sway people to the competition.

What I mean is, Nintendo makes some sacrifices that shouldn't be made. They could have EVERYTHING. They could easily be the crystal-clear best option out there (see how often Sony and MS fuck up and Nintendo doesn't capitalize on), but for some reason they don't seem to try to.

farley: people hate the gamepad because they see it as a symbol of nintendo's decision to try to be unique and create their own niche in the market as opposed to competing directly with sony/m$ with raw specs.  which leads to sensei's responsce.  

sensei: they COULD have everything, but that "some reason" is simple.  Money.  Nintendo doesn't want to spend the tremendous amount of money it takes to directly compete with sony/m$.  A) it would bring up the cost of the console, and b) they'd be taking the chance of  still  ending up last in the current console race after investing heavily into a system that doesn't sell.  Note i didn't say that i agree or disagree with that logic.