By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - It's Pretty Much Official, The PS4 Has Sold More Than The Xbox One In The US (At Least Through Amazon and Gamestop)

Is Sony Taking Back The US and UK?

Hell Yea! 312 62.15%

Hell No! MS Will Win Them Again. 53 10.56%

Yes To US, But No To UK. 7 1.39%

Yes To UK, But No To US. 57 11.35%

See Results. 73 14.54%

Total:502

PS4 will outsell the X1 by a small margin in the US until X1 reaches price parity with the PS4. I think it happens fall of 2014 and X1 will win fall of 2014 with price drop and Halo.

Around the Network

Really not surprising is it?

I mean fanboys can go on as long as they want about how superior one console is over the other, but we're talking about two incredibly similar pieces of hardware here. With that being the case, a hundred dollar price difference makes a huge difference to most people. Combine that with the amount of negative press Microsoft has been getting over the X1, and the fact that Sony seems to be much deeper into production....I would have been pretty shocked if the PS4 wasn't a lock to outsell X1 at launch

tuscaniman99 said:
PS4 will outsell the X1 by a small margin in the US until X1 reaches price parity with the PS4. I think it happens fall of 2014 and X1 will win fall of 2014 with price drop and Halo.

Price parity isn't going to happen.  You've got two machines that uses the same cost parts to build.  One of which has an additional accessory that comes with it.  When the price of parts become cheaper and Microsoft can reduce price, Sony can also reduce their price.  They might keep it the same price for a week or two to see if the Xbox One eats into their sales or not, if so they'll drop the price to retain the better value.

I really don't know why die hard Xbox fans think that everyone in the US is going to get an Xbox One because a lot of them got it before.  Those same 360 fans owned a PS2 and jumped ship because of the cost of the PS3 when it came out, the Xbox 360 being just as powerful.  The same fans are going to go back to the PS4.  They're not your dedicated console fanbaase, they'll just get whatever is cheaper.  The only reason they're not getting a WIi U is because they've already got a WIi U.  It's called the PS3 or 360.

Microsoft was pretty smart to add the achievement thing and Sony to copy them.  There are those achievement and trophy whores that play games to collect a useless amount of points or yet another useless trophy just to show off to the public.  But those people who collect achievement points or trophies are going to stay on the console that all their points are on.

@kupimogli
Microsoft can afford to drop the price of the X1 to $299 if they felt like it. Ever see their quarterly earnings? They aren't going to sit there and watch their US market share disappear. The consoles will be evenly priced once fall of 2014 hits and will stay that way. Sony can't afford to drop the price of the PS4 whenever they want.

@kupomogli
People jumped to the Xbox 360 because of price and the experience. Many people have friends that played on Xbox Live. Nobody played online during the PS2 era. Gaming has changed and Xbox Live has built a strong community. The former PS2 people who switched to Xbox 360 won't be easily swayed to go back to Playstation. If you are suggesting the PS4 will outsell the X1 the same way PS2 outsold the Xbox you need to start taking meds. PS4 will not win the USA lifetime, period.

Around the Network

PS4 -> 0 sales in the US

Xbox One -> 0 sales in the US

Well, it's a tie. Congratulations to Playstation, but that's far from saying that "it has sold more", OP! You are being deceptive!

NA sales is going to be an even match between Xbone and PS4. I think more people will buy the cheaper hardware to play multiplatform games, and then there is the fans that will buy Xbone for Halo.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

So does this finally prove that "Xbox 360 only sells well in America because of patriotism" was just a big pile of hooey? Can we at least agree that Americans buy based on knowledge of a product and not blind brand worship, now?

Just wanted to update the thread a little, since the PS4 SKUs are back in stock at Amazon and Gamestop.

The launch edition of the PS4 and Xbox One still sit at #3 and #6, respectively. However, the other PS4 bundles have started to move up the Top 100 for the year. The BF4 Bundle has moved up one spot to #91. The Watch Dogs Bundle has moved up 9 spots to #68. And the Standard SKU has moved up 26 (!) spots to #40. I think its safe to say that if these SKUs stay in stock, at least the Standard SKU will more than likely pass the Xbox One and enter the Top 5, as well.

On Gamestop, the PS4 currently has 3 SKUs back in the Top 20. Unfortunately, Gamestop doesn't have a bestselling for the year, like Amazon does. Just one that updates every hour or so.

The standard Xbone SKU , will likely make it into the top #100, but the Killzone PS4 bundle might be up there also...