By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Is the Xbox 360 doing bad in other countries because it's American made?

Why do people always try to pull the race card with the 360? DO you guys really think people are saying, "This is America made? Get it out of my sight!". I don't think that's what's happening at all. I think it has to do with the market itself...

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Around the Network

In Japan because it is not Japanese.
Otherwise no.

The world buys Boeings, Coca Cola and McDonalds.
But not American cars because they are not very good.

Incisive and erudite blog by game industry professional.

http://www.bruceongames.com/

Yes. Europeans don't want to play on an American console. They'd tell you that themselves but they're too busy on their Window's equipped laptops sipping starbucks and listening to their ipods while on the way to the next Spiderman movie.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

NYANKS said:

@The Big fat J Yeah you're probably right but the fact is it's made by MS, so in the eyes of the average person its American made.

I think that most people know it is made in Malaysia or China, but they also know that it was designed and supported by an American company. So in that respect, it's obviously considered an American console.

And Microsoft embarrassed us (Americans) by releasing it with known defects that they believed they could fix as the console's life improved (of course, this would hurt the early adoptors but apparently it didn't bother MS). In the UK Watchdog has looked at Xbox 360 issues. The EU has also looked at reliability issues. There's no denying that reliability is a bigger deal for Microsoft in some areas outside of the US than it is in the US.

This is shown by the consumer protection agencies (such as Watchdog) who have cast a spotlight on the issue and agencies like the EU who have required MS to explain the disc scratching issues (the MS official response was that it was user error).

I would say yes,just look at the statistics,.57 in japan....cmon its obvious.

Around the Network
stof said:
Yes. Europeans don't want to play on an American console. They'd tell you that themselves but they're too busy on their Window's equipped laptops sipping starbucks and listening to their ipods while on the way to the next Spiderman movie.

That's what I was thinking, but you said it much better than I would :)

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

X-Man said:
madskillz said:
X-Man said:
Because of the RROD, and lack of future potential.

Wow ... what a wealth of information you have to add to this convo ... what a tool ...

OT - My sis stayed in Russia and France and said no one owns weapons over there. Here in the U.S., I know several folks with weapons. We have a lot of access to weapons - legal and illegal. If you have $20 and know the right place to go, you can get a weapon.

The right to bear arms is a powerful testament to who we are as a nation. Then, it's no secret that shooting games are the choice of most U.S. gamers. Do I think it's a great idea? No ... look at the workplace shootings and such. Stabbings are one thing - getting blasted at work is something else.

The 360 is trying to move away from being a hardcore console to being a console for the masses. Viva Pinata, Scene It! and Party Animals, as well as more RPGs are attempts to shed the shooter image. Is it working? I dunno ... but MS isn't really concerned at the moment.

You're a sensitive little fanboy aren't you?

1. You must be blind if you think the RROD doesn't affect sales.

2. The lack of appealing exclusives in 08 doesn't help either.

It's just common sense, nothing to cry about.

Hahahahahahahah ...

First, instead of flaming folks, you should take a course in reading comprehension - I own 2 PS3s and a Wii ... as well as my 360.

Second, the PS2 had disk read errors and it still sold. Hardware has little to do with the games. And games, not the RROD, is why the 360 has nearly 17M consoles.

Third, are you a journalist with some inside news on the 360 lineup? You are rather shallow to believe that MS got this far on just Halo 3. Just because Sony has shown their hand and realized they wouldn't deliver - as the delayed PS3 launch proved - doesn't mean MS has.

And lastly, you should know the definition of words before you use them. If I was an Xbot fanboy, son, I wouldn't have a Wii, and would puke at the thought of owning a PS3.

Here's a word for you, clown ... FOOL.

You PHAIL. 

reliability reliability reliability

we all know that X360 will easily break,
i like some of its games and think it's price is attractive. but i dont want the troublesome of repair and fix

Damstr8 said:
I would say yes,just look at the statistics,.57 in japan....cmon its obvious.

well that's because 360 has no appealing gamesfor them (Halo is not appealing)