By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What series could benefit the most from better advertising?

Mario Kart

Around the Network

Metriod, the original prime on the cube had alot of ads behind it and guess what it sold the most!!! Since then the series has had little to none in the advertising department and has sold less even with wii having a 5x install base than the cube!

Persona and the SMT series could be bigger.

Nem said:

Marketing = wich needs is your product going to fulfill to wich customer.

Advertisement = delivering the message.

Advertising is a part of marketing, but it isnt the same as Marketing.

More money spent on marketing means more R&D. More money spent on advetisements means more exposure to the product.

Now choose wich one you're really trying to adress.

I know this is a losing battle but i still keep trying to teach this to people. Its a common misconception.

When I look at multiple sources, they all use the word "marketing" so I would figure that's the correct word to use.

Either way, I mean advertising by your definition.

SnakeDrake said:
Any series could be bigger with better marketing really. What you should be asking is what series you'd want to see marketed better. 

Well yeah but which series do you think is kind of a wasted opportunity to be much bigger. For example, if you advertised the crap out of both The Last Of Us & LittleBigPlanet, which would sell better? I think it's obvious which game will appeal to more people.

almost every game that's not CoD, fifa or AC

Around the Network
riderz13371 said:
Killzone

I agree, last gen we were in the shooter age and if Killzone had a Halo-like marketing budget, it would've done much better.

My Pokemon thread, if interested.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=164534 

With many 360 owners moving to PS4 I think its the perfect time to position Killzone as Sony's "Halo".

infamous

Cold-Flipper said:
Nem said:

Marketing = wich needs is your product going to fulfill to wich customer.

Advertisement = delivering the message.

Advertising is a part of marketing, but it isnt the same as Marketing.

More money spent on marketing means more R&D. More money spent on advetisements means more exposure to the product.

Now choose wich one you're really trying to adress.

I know this is a losing battle but i still keep trying to teach this to people. Its a common misconception.

When I look at multiple sources, they all use the word "marketing" so I would figure that's the correct word to use.

Either way, I mean advertising by your definition.

I know. 

Its a general misconception. In this case the masses got acustumed to saying it wrong. But at least now you know, so it was worth it explaining. :)