By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - brawl 700k first week in Japan ?

http://wii.ign.com/articles/849/849608p1.html
Its covered in IGN as well. It seems to be legit.

Around the Network
loadedstatement said:
It actually says Smash Bros Brawl broke 700k in 4 days, not 1 week.

The paragraph you guys are looking at says: "Just as expected, Super Smash Brothers Brawl is popular, selling 700,000 in 4 days."

The article also talks about DMC4 and how Brawl is the fastest Wii Million Seller in Japan.

Ok, but thursday, friday, saturday and sunday are the fourth last day of the week 5 in Japan, so it must be the numbers for this week.

I'm not sure what Mantan Web is, but it could be correct. I'd rather wait a little longer for the accurate Famitsu numbers though. As of now, this is still speculation.

I am unaware of how long a week is in Japan. If the first week is indeed 4 days, then the 700k number is for the first week of sale.

NOTE:  Also, IGN never sales first week of sales.  They also say first four days. 

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

I went through some of the posts on this site and the information shown on those posts are mostly accurate and objective.

700K may not be far from the numbers from Famitsu or Media Create. I also saw another blog saying the total shipment of SSBB in the 1st week is between 800K to 850K.

It is very difficult to accurately estimate the real number from a limited number of data when a product is sold out everywhere. You don't know how many copies each store actually getting.

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

Around the Network

IGN is summarizing about 900k.

Either way it is really good.

superchunk said:

That's because IGN doesn't understand that these 4 days are the first week in Japan.  Don't go to IGN for sales information.  They blow at interpreting it.  

naznatips said:
superchunk said:

That's because IGN doesn't understand that these 4 days are the first week in Japan. Don't go to IGN for sales information. They blow at interpreting it.

hmm, actually I think I was mistaken. I was just on IGN and they are showing the same report for 700k. I don't remember where I read the 900k. It was last night. Oh well, we'll know more soon.

wenlan said:
I went through some of the posts on this site and the information shown on those posts are mostly accurate and objective.

700K may not be far from the numbers from Famitsu or Media Create. I also saw another blog saying the total shipment of SSBB in the 1st week is between 800K to 850K.

It is very difficult to accurately estimate the real number from a limited number of data when a product is sold out everywhere. You don't know how many copies each store actually getting.

I saw a blog the other day... wow that sounds soooo credible....

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

kingofwale said:
Brawl number will get overtracked by VGC. most likely.

700k seems more reasonable (as oppose to over 1 million), since the first shipment was 500-600K and second shipment was 250K-350K

No idea how people get 1 million +,

Why do you even bother in making such claims? Why say that VGchartz overtracks always Nintendo products, maybe it is just how you want it to be as you are always against Nintendo.

Also you are contradicting yourself, you say shipments were 500-600k and 250-350k respectively and considering the game is sold out everywhere,  600 + 350 = 950k, that is pretty close to the million you are denying.

There you have it, thats how people say it is 1 million. I hope you accept Nintendo's success.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies