By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So what games released in 2008 are going to pass 2 mln. in 2008?

This thread about HOME console games. So, only ps2, ps3, x360 and wii.

Because i mostly interested in ps3 games,  i will post mostly ps3 games, which i expect to cross 2 mln. in 2008. You are free to add games from other system, which expected to come in 2008 and pass 2 mln. =)

PS3:
GTA4
MGS4
FFXIII
GT5
Resistance2
PES2009
FIFA08
KillZone2
RE5
CoD5(?)
Madden09(?)
Tekken6
GH4(?)
LBP(?)
NFS

x360:
GTA4
GeoW2
CoD5
Madden09
RE5
R6: Vegas 2
Fable 2
Halo wars(?)
GH4(?)

Wii:
SSBB
Mario Kart
GH4(?)
Mario party 9
Animal Crossing
Wii Music

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

MY GUESSES:

GTA (100%)
MSG( 50%)
Halo Wars (50%)
SSBB (100%)
Mario Cart (80%)
maybie CoD5 but the rumours are that it will be WW2 so i doono. i think it will be a mistake that will cost them. (if its tru anyways)

I agree with almost all of your PS3 except for Madden and NFS.

If NFS is actually good this year, yes. And if Madden isn't crappy on PS3 yes to that as well...

Toss these in there:

Splinter Cell: Conviction (360)
Rainbow Six Vegas (PS3/360)
Wii Fit (yes, it does count)
Fatal Frame 4 (Wii)
All the sports games you somehow put for PS3 but mysteriously forgot to put for 360.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
thekitchensink said:
Toss these in there:

Splinter Cell: Conviction (360)
Rainbow Six Vegas (PS3/360)
Wii Fit (yes, it does count)
Fatal Frame 4 (Wii)
All the sports games you somehow put for PS3 but mysteriously forgot to put for 360.

read fishy's sig ^^

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network

fable 2 for 360

Damn, this Crazzy guy never gets tired of blindly support PS3. Btw if you are gonna list games wothout a concrete release date, then ill be glad to add more to the rest of the platforms.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

For the one billionth time: you won't see FFXIII (or any of its spinoffs) in 2008.

As for the lists, they seem pretty accurate for the most part although for antfromashkent, I would change Mario Kart to 100% likelyhood as it's probably going to be in the top 3 selling games of next year.

And just for grins and giggles and because I'm a whore:

PS3
Ghostbusters: The Video Game

XBox 360

Wii

twesterm said:
For the one billionth time: you won't see FFXIII (or any of its spinoffs) in 2008.

As for the lists, they seem pretty accurate for the most part although for antfromashkent, I would change Mario Kart to 100% likelyhood as it's probably going to be in the top 3 selling games of next year.

Mario Cart (100%)  < the probably of u being correct is  80%  :D