By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Are white Americans De-evolving?

Idiocracy (2006)

Private Joe Bauers, the definition of "average American", is selected by the Pentagon to be the guinea pig for a top-secret hibernation program. Forgotten, he awakes 500 years in the future. He discovers a society so incredibly dumbed-down that he's easily the most intelligent person alive.

Around the Network

if spurge dont get banned for calling out a race for DE-evolving and or this thread doesnt get closed. there is no need to ban anyone again. white or not, or the hypocrisy has obviously seeped into the mods of vgchartz, this is disgusting for a GAME website

edit:

1. Insults and flaming. Attacking other users for any reason is never acceptable.
    • Do not insult someone's religion, race, sex, sexuality, nationality, political beliefs, or gaming preferences. Debate is encouraged, as is civil disagreement, but respect the beliefs and opinions of others.
    • Similarly, do not insult without justification any group of people, be it a religious group, political group, or anything of that sort.

Haha this thread is funny. Not sure if serious though

Cobretti2 said:
Idiocracy (2006)

Private Joe Bauers, the definition of "average American", is selected by the Pentagon to be the guinea pig for a top-secret hibernation program. Forgotten, he awakes 500 years in the future. He discovers a society so incredibly dumbed-down that he's easily the most intelligent person alive.

Great movie btw, and horribly true in many ways.

mai said:

Get used to it. It's the worldwide trend -- minorities (racial, ethnical, sexual, social, whatever) are the newest sacred cow.

"All white women are belong to us!"

Thats just fucked up... damn

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

Around the Network

Ok I know I get criticized for generalizing a console fanboy group.......but you can't just go and generalize a race.

Dude.....thats racist.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Extreme conclusions + no citations of any kind = lock.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

I'm sure it wasn't intentional given the OP maker is white, but the OP is filled with racism. Race is a cultural construct that has virtually nothing to do with biology (aside from the amount of melanin in the skin and some minor physical characteristics). It doesn't even register in your genes. There is absolutely nothing biological going on here, its cultural and socio-economical.

This isn't a "white person" problem. This is an America problem. If foreign kids really DO know multiple languages more often then Americans do, its because they HAVE to, and because they have access to better education. In the world of business, you have to know English, as that is currently the language of business. In Europe, you have to know multiple languages, because there are so many different languages in close proximity to each other. Same goes for wanting to be a movie star, or other kind of celebrity: it is, at worst, an American problem, not a white problem. Though frankly, I highly doubt it is even an "American" problem, but more of a problem with the western world in general, where celebrities are idolized and worshipped.

And finally, welfare is not the problem. The welfare state in America is absolutely SHIT and nothing compared to the welfare states in other nations. People on food stamps are demonized and looked down upon. The way you characterize foodstamp recipients is also off. In 2010, at the height of joblessness during the recession, 62% of food stamp recipients were either elderly, disabled...or working.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/leonardburman/2012/02/04/note-to-newt-many-food-stamp-families-are-working/

There are plenty of countries out there with MUCH better welfare states and with a much lower unemployment rate. I like to use Denmark, a country I studied recently, as an example: 52% of GDP spent by the government. High taxes. An unemployment rate of less then 5%, despite unemployment insurance lasting two years, because the government tries to line you up for a job and ensure you stay on the system for as little time as possible. It's a system that seems to be working pretty well for Denmark too. Maybe if we started taking some cues from the rest of the western world, we'd be able to improve our situation somewhat.

Also, as I'm sure others have pointed out, there is no such thing as "de-evolving". Evolution is not linear, and it does not come in stages.