By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo boss calls for more hardcore Wii games in 2008

I agree I would love to see more Nintendo ad's/promoting and less word of mouf

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network
kingofwale said:
if Nintendo truly meant what they just said, they'd spend 500K on No More Heroes ad.

and since I don't see them on TV, I guess they just like to hear themselves talk. ;)

And No, the biggest complain is the fact they STILL can't produce more than 1million console per week????? and apparently, nor can they produce 1 million copy of a game for its launch week in Japan.

Um, can somebody explain to me how Nintendo si supposed to spend "500k" to advertise a game they didn't develop or publish?

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Phendrana said:

I've owned almost every console and have played almost every genre in depth. If I hear one more person say I'm not a "hardcore" gamer because I own a Wii, I'm going to shit a basket full of cats.

On a side note, "hardcore" is probably the dumbest and most annoying gaming term I have ever heard. The only people who ever use it are elitists. What makes someone "hardcore" anyways? Playing a game in depth? Then I guess you could be "hardcore" about any game out there if you play it enough. Or maybe it's playing online multiplayer with stat tracking? I guess there were no "hardcore" players before this generation then.

I agree with you. And also, nice basket full of cats reference.

This entire notion of "hardcore gamers" is simply a bunch of nerds who are too "hardcore" to socialize. And the notion of "hardcore games" never really made sense to me.

I guess saying Nintendo was "kiddy" stopped working, so they had to think of something more obscure to bash Nintendo with.

Riot Of The Blood said:
naznatips said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
Pfff... Long time Nintendo fans are the only hardcores that will get a kick out of this. Hardcore gamers demand much more than what the Wii can produce, I'm afraid.

Riot, that's grossly inappropriate. You have done this multiple times over the last few days. Do not post flamebait. This is your warning. Next time you will be banned.

Since when has not having faith in the Wii's ability to become a strong option for hardcore gamers become flaimbait? The Wii isn't just going to magicly get a top-notch online community that can support hardcore multiplayer games. It isn't just going to siege alll 3rd party support, which is vital if the Wii really wants to have a hardcore library worth a damn. It is impossible for the Wii to patch up everything it's lacking all in 08.

If you had just added "Wii is Fad" you would have had a BINGO. Sooooooo close.

Riot Of The Blood said:
Pfff... Long time Nintendo fans are the only hardcores that will get a kick out of this. Hardcore gamers demand much more than what the Wii can produce, I'm afraid.

what are you talking about?Nintendo has games that appeal to the ENTIRE market and I am sure all 20 million ppl who have bought a Wii are NOT hardcore Ninty fanboys

Around the Network

>Um, can somebody explain to me how Nintendo si supposed to spend "500k" to advertise a game they didn't develop or publish?

it's the best and most hardcore game on the console, and it gets NO promotion whatsoever.

I remember seeing DMC4 ads promoted by Microsoft, Microsoft regularly does this on third party games, and even multiplatform games. why shouldn't Nintendo? especially now that actually want to solve the so-called 'complain'

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
kingofwale said:
>Um, can somebody explain to me how Nintendo si supposed to spend "500k" to advertise a game they didn't develop or publish?

it's the best and most hardcore game on the console, and it gets NO promotion whatsoever.

I remember seeing DMC4 ads promoted by Microsoft, Microsoft regularly does this on third party games, and even multiplatform games. why shouldn't Nintendo? especially now that actually want to solve the so-called 'complain'

Probably because Nintendo doesn't have to pay Japanese developers to put games on their console.

The fact of the matter is that Ubisoft is the publisher and that advertising was their job. They didn't advertise it because they wanted to avoid a Manhunt 2 fiasco but it's stillthem dropping the ball, so how exactly does their unwillingness to advertise a game automatically turn into blame against Nintendo when they have nothing to do with it? They've already got Suda locked in for Fatal Frame 4, they really don't have to give hi mand every other developer a free ride because some angry person on the forums thinks so.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

i dont think nintendo will increase development on more hardcore games with the direction there headed in

^^And the fact that Iwata came out and SAID that they have many of those types of games in development means nothing to you?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

I think dante is saying that Nintendo will not release much more than 5 or 6 AAA hard core games per year as they have from the start of the release of the wii