By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What gaming stories moved you WITHOUT a cinematic presentation like Heavy Rain or TLOU?

Ajescent said:
AndrewWK said:
ghettoglamour said:

The plot twist in that Mario game I played lately was very touching. I couldn't believe Bowser would kidnapp Peach.

I wonder does Bowser rape Peach? or torture her at least?

Nope, it's all just a ploy to allow her to see her kids without Mario knowing.

You think they have an affair?

Around the Network

Final Fantasy VI
Chrono Trigger
Ico
Persona 4

AndrewWK said:
Ajescent said:
AndrewWK said:
ghettoglamour said:

The plot twist in that Mario game I played lately was very touching. I couldn't believe Bowser would kidnapp Peach.

Hell yeah! I made a thread about this a while ago.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Branko2166 said:
The walking dead game was superb in terms of telling a story and making you feel for the characters.

Absolutely THIS!

Probably the first time a videogame made me cry not from frusteration. 

Ajescent said:
AndrewWK said:
ghettoglamour said:

According to his own words he would force her to bake him a cake. I don't know what this could mean, but he's definitely a sick perv.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Around the Network

Journey and Lost Odyssey but in Lost Odyssey but it was the cinematics, felt nothing for the gameplay because it was too mechanical.

Before that a game without major story that emotionally hit me emotionally was Shadow of the Colossus. The things that guy went through just to save the girl he loved. A story that was told through actions that didnt need much narration. That game was definitely a work of art and yet another Sony classic.

Bungie tried to go the emotional route with Halo Reach, but I felt nothing. The deaths were so abrupt and the character development wasn't that great. Felt like the guys were just thrown together. I felt like there was something wrong with me for not feeling anything, but 343 made up for it with Cortana and Master Chiefs little love shack going on in outerspace.

PS3 game Journey moved me greatly.

Ajescent said:
AndrewWK said:
Ajescent said:
AndrewWK said:
ghettoglamour said:

Hell yeah! I made a thread about this a while ago.

I didn´t see that one. I always thought Bowser as a sick sadhist. Who would kidnapp the princess rape her and cut off parts of her body to send to her father. Because he can´t take the kingdom but at least punish his tormentor and what they have done to him and his kind. But because the king doesn´t know where Bowser is hiding he would send Mario to find him and bring him his head.

ghettoglamour said:
Ajescent said:
AndrewWK said:
ghettoglamour said:

According to his own words he would force her to bake him a cake. I don't know what this could mean, but he's definitely a sick perv.

I think you do.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Branko2166 said:
The walking dead game was superb in terms of telling a story and making you feel for the characters.

Yeah, but I think that fits his standard of cinematic presentation. The game is story > gameplay prettymuch even though you control the direction of the game.