By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Favorite Classic Rock band?

Whats your favorite 80s band??

The Smiths! 3 7.89%

Van Halen 2 5.26%

Guns n' Roses 9 23.68%

Queen 10 26.32%

other (post in comments) 14 36.84%

Total:38

So I was going through my playlist (mainly fulled with modern and classic Rock) and was wondering what my fellow VGchart members favorite 80s band is? Me personally I LOVE the smiths :D my ex girlfriend got me hook on this amazing 80s rock band before i heard of the smiths I really liked the rolling stone. There are alot of great bands and if you do listen to classic rock whats your favorite?? 90s rock bands are also acceptable.

Smiths-Asleep http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy0NySCmuFU

Sidenote: My favorite modern Rock band is Bring Me The Horizon! There an awesome posthard core band. Also there playing at this years warptour :D Wish I could get tickets!

Bring Me The Horizon-Sleepwalking
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm7_qGTg5Hk

'Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll.'
-Shigeru Miyamoto

Around the Network

Metallica and AC/DC

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

80's rock is probably 50% of what I listen to. And I listen to A LOT of music. This is not easy.

On a side note, Queen and Van Halen both debuted in the 70's. So basically 70's, 80's and 90's bands are acceptable?

This just keeps getting more difficult.

Weedlab said:

Metallica and AC/DC

And...

SKID ROW with Sebastian Bach!

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

The best albums by Queen came before the 80s (Queen 2, A Night at the Opera, A Day at the Races), so I'm not comfortable naming them the best band of the 80s. The Smiths is a good choice. I don't really have many favorite bands that did its best work in the 80s, I'm gonna say The Stone Roses because their best album (The Stone Roses) came out in 1989, and it happens to be one of my top 5 albums of all time

Around the Network

I love so many but I'd have to say that my very favorites are Iron Maiden, Queensryche and Ozzy.

Does RATM count as 80s? If not, GN'R & Metallica.

Prince

This charming man chooses the smiths, anyone who denies it is still ill. For those of you saying other bands: that joke isn't funny anymore. Stop me if you think you've heard this one before, but the smiths are the greatest band of the 80's. My smiths fandom is a light that never goes out.

The smiths have to win the poll, please please please let me get what I want.

WagnerPaiva said:

SKID ROW with Sebastian Bach!

Slave to the Grind is one of my favorite albums of all time, even though that's technically the '90s.