By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you enjoy consoles or HH's more?

Console or HH fan?

Console 37 56.92%

HH 12 18.46%

Both are = 12 18.46%

I don't want to vote... 4 6.15%

Total:65
Egann said:

Do consoles provide a better experience? Yes. They also just don't fit my lifestyle.

I used to think the same but now I find that HH's are very capable of producing high-quality games too. 

They have the advantages of:

• Can be played anywhere
  • Don't take up the TV
  • They are quiet (helps at night)
  • Games cost less $
  • Can be played when power goes out

Around the Network

I put equal.

It depends on what it is I am playing as to which I love more.

I love both, but consoles host the best games.

I have played more on handhelds ever since I started to play games, so the obvious choice is handhelds.
While my favorite games are on consoles, I tend to enjoy HH games more, they don't drag on for too much.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Cold-Flipper said:
Egann said:

Do consoles provide a better experience? Yes. They also just don't fit my lifestyle.

I used to think the same but now I find that HH's are very capable of producing high-quality games too. 

They have the advantages of:

• Can be played anywhere
  • Don't take up the TV
  • They are quiet (helps at night)
  • Games cost less $
  • Can be played when power goes out

Yeah, but third party developers also don't really give handhelds that many quality games. Looking over my PSP's library, I have two remakes, two fanservice spinoffs,  one crappy sequel, one prequel, and ONLY TWO original titles which would compare to the things I would typically buy for consoles.

Nintendo strikes me a bit differently, but as I don't (yet) own a 3DS I can't really comment.

Around the Network

Egann said:

Yeah, but third party developers also don't really give handhelds that many quality games. Looking over my PSP's library, I have two remakes, two fanservice spinoffs,  one crappy sequel, one prequel, and ONLY TWO original titles which would compare to the things I would typically buy for consoles.

Nintendo strikes me a bit differently, but as I don't (yet) own a 3DS I can't really comment.

I normally don't pay 3rd parties too much mind. I do like the occasional game but I mainly seem to stay 1st party.

The 3DS is much different as Nintendo normally focuses at least even attention to its HH's. They have many great exclusives...as long as you like Nintendo games.

consoles.
I have handhelds. But I can never play that long on them.

However. there are 2 games that made me play handheld all day, every day:
pokemon ruby on the GBA SP and Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories on the PSP