By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What languages do you speak/want to speak?

c03n3nj0 said:
KHlover said:
c03n3nj0 said:
I can speak English and Spanish very fluently. I speak German well enough.

I desperately (well, not really desperately) need to learn Dutch since I just moved to Holland. On top of this I would like to learn Portuguese. It's the second most important Romance language after Spanish, honestly (shove it up your ass, French!)

That's easy. Just get drunk and then try to speak English with a German pronounciation of the words. That should about nail it.

Oh btw, hast du schon die Redundanzüberdruckmessnotfallventile auf den Dampfflussschiffen der deutschen Dampfflussschifffahrtsaufsichtsbehörde überprüft?

Umm, nein, Ich habe nicht. 

(Was the point of that just to use the long-ass words? :P) 

Oh no, twas just to mess with him a bit. You really have no limit in how complex you can make the German language (while still being gramatically correct) in order to keep foreigners out of the language.

For example: You could express "school backpack" as "Schülerlernmittelbeförderungstasche" and still be correct, it's just that no one would actually use this word XD

Around the Network

I speak French and English.

This may sound super weird but the language I'd like to learn the most is... Sign language. I have no idea why but I always wanted to learn sign language, seeing these ppl talk with hand gesture always fascinated me.

When it comes to ''traditional'' language, japanese is probably first on my list, followed (in to paticular order) by geman, russian, finnish and italian.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

KHlover said:
VGPolyglot said:
KHlover said:
c03n3nj0 said:
I can speak English and Spanish very fluently. I speak German well enough.

I desperately (well, not really desperately) need to learn Dutch since I just moved to Holland. On top of this I would like to learn Portuguese. It's the second most important Romance language after Spanish, honestly (shove it up your ass, French!)

That's easy. Just get drunk and then try to speak English with a German pronounciation of the words. That should about nail it.

Oh btw, hast du schon die Redundanzüberdruckmessnotfallventile auf den Dampfflussschiffen der deutschen Dampfflussschifffahrtsaufsichtsbehörde überprüft?

Das ist ein Grund, dass Deutsch ist schwere für mich. Ich denke, dass einige Worte sind zu langen!

Das macht aber so viel Spaß als Deutscher. Man kann einfach Wörter aneinanderhängen und damit ein neues Wort erschaffen.

(So much fun as a German, though. You can just chain words to create  a valid new word with a specific meaning^^)

Ja, aber wie viele Personen verwenden diese Worte?

Metrium said:

This may sound super weird but the language I'd like to learn the most is... Sign language. I have no idea why but I always wanted to learn sign language, seeing these ppl talk with hand gesture always fascinated me.

When it comes to ''traditional'' language, japanese is probably first on my list, followed (in to paticular order) by geman, russian, finnish and italian.

Which sign language do you want to learn?

Fluent in French (native language) and English. I've got a base in Spanish but I'd be hard pressed to make more than a simple request in Spanish, I really want to get better at it someday.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
Metrium said:

I did'nt even know that their is more than one lol. I thought the sign language was international.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

filipino and english.... wish i could learn german... i think it is the hottest language :P i dunno why :p

Metrium said:
VGPolyglot said:
Metrium said:

I did'nt even know that their is more than one lol. I thought the sign language was international.

There are many, it varies depending on language and even country (ex. American sign language is different from New Zealand sign language).

Swedish, english, greek fluently

danish, italian

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Russian, Japanese, Latin. All 3 are just so beautiful *-*