By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Andy Murray, Wimbledon champion

Soleron said:
Djokovic made far more errors than normal. He was tired from the epic semifinal.

I don't think this would happen again if they were both ready and it wasn't that hot.

Djokovic played well, virtually every point was an epic rally. Murray was better and fitter today, thus dealing with the heat better.

Around the Network

Twas a great game. Surprised Novak fell so many times lol But Andy's performance was nothing short of brilliant.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

pokoko said:
Is this as big a deal in Brit-land as they make it out to be on television coverage in the US? I haven't watched Wimbledon in awhile but when I have there is always this kind of media circus until "the last Brit loses", then they do a long media package about hopes being dashed once again, and so-on. I've always wondered if the British public was really sitting on pins and needles while it looked like a homeboy still had a chance.

Viewing figures will be 20m+ out of a population of 65m. 

I really dont liek murray, hes a whinning cry baby

Soleron said:
pokoko said:
Is this as big a deal in Brit-land as they make it out to be on television coverage in the US? I haven't watched Wimbledon in awhile but when I have there is always this kind of media circus until "the last Brit loses", then they do a long media package about hopes being dashed once again, and so-on. I've always wondered if the British public was really sitting on pins and needles while it looked like a homeboy still had a chance.

Viewing figures will be 20m+ out of a population of 65m. 

Holy cats.  Wow.

Around the Network
yum123 said:

Were you one of those people who called him a dour and angry before he cried that one time he lost in the finals of Wimbledon?

zippy said:
Soleron said:
Djokovic made far more errors than normal. He was tired from the epic semifinal.

I don't think this would happen again if they were both ready and it wasn't that hot.

Djokovic played well, virtually every point was an epic rally. Murray was better and fitter today, thus dealing with the heat better.

Not to take anything away from Murray and his accomplishment, but the when you have the crowd behind you to the extent that he had here, you get a massive energy boost. Plus I think he just wanted it a LOT more than Djokovic today...for obvious reasons.

These 2 are great friends and have known each other since childood so a rivalry between the two isn't as interesting like Nadal and Ferderer or even Agassi and Sampras, who generally don't like each other much.

Soleron said:
yum123 said:

Were you one of those people who called him a dour and angry before he cried that one time he lost in the finals of Wimbledon?

nope, just never really liked his personality. not everyone likes everyone.

yum123 said:

Can we change that to WINNING cry baby ;)

Cool i wish i watched it now. One day i should actually go to Wimbledon, i'm sure it's better than watching it on the TV.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018