By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Super Tuesday Thread

I'd love for Ron Paul, but since that's not even remotely likely I'll gladly take Obama over the other puppets. Even if I might not agree with some of his policies, I'll still support him for his honesty and integrity.

Hillary's disgustingly power hungry. She'll do anything to get elected (even crying TWICE now before important primaries to look more "emotional" and sway voters). She mud slings, lies, flip flops, panders, etc, etc. If this is what she does to win, I don't care if she has the greatest policy in the world (which is far from the case). I still would never vote her.

McCain seems entirely too war happy. I thought Americans wanted out of Iraq? I also feel like he's way too willing to go to war with Iran. The last thing we need right now is more war. Our foreign policy needs some serious rethinking that McCain doesn't represent.

Around the Network

Romney will win California and some of the Western states - but I actually see him losing Mass.  Mccain will do well in the North East and South West.  Huckabee will hurt Romney enough in the southern states for Mccain to 'win' pluaralities in the South.  Paul will come in fourth in about 1/2 the states, third in about 1/3 of the states, and 2nd or 1st in a few others.  I actually think he could win Alaska, and he's got a shot in Montana, Minnesota, and I could see him pulling off an upset or two in places like Illinois.

Obama will win California, Illinois, most of the midwestern and southern states.  Clinton will win NY, NJ, and CT, and be effectively tied in the south and south western states.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

This is not any Tuesday...It's Pancake Day!

Do you have Pancake day in the US?

OT: What vote is this today? Is it the main US elections?

if Hilary wins, then the race for presidency will be a lot closer when she goes up against McCain. But if Obama wins (i'll be voting for him) then his win over a republican will be more decisive.
regardless, come 2009, it will be a democrat sitting in the oval office....

Anybody But Hillary 2008: Because America is a republic, not a dynastic monarchy.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Around the Network
Devilstation said:
This is not any Tuesday...It's Pancake Day!

Do you have Pancake day in the US?

OT: What vote is this today? Is it the main US elections?

Today is the day that republicans and democrats in many states hold votes on which candidate they will select to run for the presidency.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Huckabee won West Virginia.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Yep just saw that. How come it closes so quickly with only about 1,000 voters???

I wish McCain would lose - he won't, but I wish he would. Why? He's the only Republican candidate with a chance of winning in November. Mostly because he's a wolf in sheep's clothes (to me, a pretty liberal liberal. take a look at his voting record - he's not particularly more moderate than Romney, in spite of some popular perception otherwise).

I support Obama.

In case any of you like to watch the state's run down, here is the closing times for the polling places by state.

Here are the updated need-to-know times for each state participating in today's presidential nominating events:

(All times Eastern; all events include both parties unless noted)

Primary poll-closing times:
7:00 p.m.
Georgia

8:00 p.m.
Alabama
Connecticut
Delaware
Illinois
Massachusetts
Missouri
New Jersey
Oklahoma
Tennessee

8:30 p.m.
Arkansas

9:00 p.m.
Arizona
New York

10:00 p.m.
Utah

11:00 p.m.
California

Caucus starting times:

New Mexico (D) -- open 2 p.m. to 9 p.m.
North Dakota -- open 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. (D), 7:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. (R)
Minnesota -- 7:30 p.m. (D), 8:00 p.m. (R)
Kansas (D) -- 8:00 p.m.
Colorado -- 9:00 p.m.
Idaho (D) -- 9:00 p.m.
Montana (R) -- 10:00 p.m.
Alaska -- 10:00 p.m. (D), 8:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. (R)

*West Virginia Republicans hold a convention today, beginning at 9 a.m.