By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Raise the flame shield: Your "controversial" gaming opinion.

I have a few that would go against the trend.

All the 3D Mario games suck.

Halo is an average shooter.

Gran Turismo is boring.

All personal opinion of course.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

Around the Network

I enjoyed Chrono Cross way more than Chrono Trigger.

Zelda is more fun than Mario. By a lot.

Handhelds are better gaming experiences than consoles.

FF7 is the most overrated game ever. FF6, FF4, FF10, FF9, FF8 were better games.

Metroid Other M was the 2nd best metroid, right behind Metroid Prime.

Super Metroid was mediocre.

Super Mario 64 wasn't fun to me. Galaxy was way better.

The N64 was the worst Nintendo console ever.

Saved the best for last: Sony has gone downhill with quality since the PS2.

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

I think this generation is the best gen in the history of videogames. I do admire the standout classics, but as a whole this generation has been the best. Gen 7 FTW!

Half Life 2 is an outdated boring shooter surpassed by pretty much any modern FPS
Nintendo games are overrated, repetitive and nothing special
MGR butchered Raidens Story
GTAIV is bland and boring
Skyrim is a horrible RPG
Batman AA is mediocre at best
I like Uncharted 3 more than Uncharted 2
Mass Effect 2 is better than Mass Effect 1
MGS3 is not the best in the series
MGS4 was great
Fallout NV is way better than Fallout 3
The God of War series has a boring story
Halo 4 is boring

A game with a good story can make me overlook major faults
Acheivments/Trophies are brilliant
Most indie games are garbage
If you have a PC, the Xbox 360 is largely useless
Rockstar are overrated and none of their work is amazing
I find many games made before 2005 are largely unplayable
Hardly any of the next gen launch titles appeal to me

Bioshock made me so bored that I stopped playing it after about 5 hrs

Around the Network

The console wars should still be between Sega and Nintendo. I can't name a single Sony or Microsoft 1st party game worth owning a console for. Not one.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

Super Mario World is overrated

uncharted is decent at best

a link to the past is one of the weaker zelda games

final fantasy has going down since 10

sony usually has the worst controller (though the PS4 controller is looking very good)

tales of > final fantasy

fable 2 > fable 1

mario 64 > mario galaxy

cinematic games do not represent what video games are for

PS2 puts all current and next gen consoles to shame

the way sony fans are hyping up the vita cause what it can do with the PS4 makes it sound like a 250$ accessory

xenoblade chroncles is the only JRPG i will call a masterpiece this gen

titan fall looks like call of duty with mechs

there is no cod killer cod will only kill it self or the entire FPS genre will go the way of the music base genre

cod 4 is good but not one of the best FPS of all time or this gen

blacks ops 1 is the best cod

game library wise the 3DS is looking the closest thing to the second coming of the PS2

i hate the sports genre with a passion

this was the worst console gen and next gen has the could easily be as bad

the Wii'S library is very underrated

pokemon is my favorite nintendo franchise (unless if X is a sequel to xenoblade then pokemon moves to second place)

monolith soft > retro studios (for nintendo's best first party developer)

sucker punch > naughty dog (for best sony first party develop)

IamAwsome said:

Alright, *gulp*, here I go

I think hardcore gamers are stuck up, and uptight prissies because they always dismiss new ideas, and they expect whatever they want. Whenever something drifts away from the "norm" cough*Motion*cough, they trash it like it's the worst thing out there. Why aren't gamers more open minded? How can we call ourselves "hardcore" gamers is we shoot down anything that we personally don't like?

When the Wii first launched, it got a lot of flak for "not appealing to the core gamer". How many core gamers (and by core, I mean people who tore it down in 06/07) actually bothered to try the Wii with something that uses the motion well (Mario Galaxy, Wii Sports, and any FPS)? When the PlayStation Move launched, it fell off the map pretty quickly, and before you say it was a fad, I tell you, software sells hardwre, and how many noteworthy PS Move/Wii/Kinect games launched in 2012-2013? Developers haven't supported motion control because the hardcore hasn't suported it. Maybe if the "hardcore" wasn't do elitest, and welcomed new concepts with open arms gaming wouldn't be so stagnant right now. 

If we rejected new ideas than gaming would still be stuck in the stone age. Ganers should be more open about new  ideas, and not just shoot them down on the spot. I could talk about other things like mobile, drm, online etc., but I an tired, so this will have to do. 

This! This so much! Hardcore gamers are killing the industry!! fuck all of you them!!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Things that are overrated:
Hideo Kojima
Shooters
Open Worlds
Dudebro games
Gran Turismo
Halo
Realistic graphics
Rolstopable ;D
peter molyneux
GTA
CoD

Nintendo isn't as innovative anymore. They didn't innovate at all during the 6th gen, and neither did Sony.

EDIT: The video game business is still very much immature; the industry itself and the gamers - as is evident in all the ultra violent and gory games with as much nudity and swear words as possible thrown in. Video game(r)s haven't grown up at all.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.