By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I've never played a Final Fantasy game...

Tagged games:

ethomaz said:
Serious_frusting said:
Final Fantasy 3 for the SNES is most like CT. If you liked CT you should enjoy it,

Its a very good game aswell.

Just to remeber FF3 for SNES is FFVI (6)... the number is changed in the localization.

Yh I know. Its just I refuse to call it number six. Must be the child in me because my cart said FF3 :D

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
weaveworld said:
Isn't it just funny that people are repelled by excellent games just because they don't like the main character. Which means in their case that the game sucks...

My guess is people calling Cloud, Squall and Tidus cry-babies and therefor not liking the game probably identify themselves too much with the main character.

Well, if you dont like the main character then you generally wont enjoy playing as them throughout a 50-100 Hour videogame. The difference between Cloud, Squall and Tidus is that you cant actually hear Cloud and Squall being annoying.

Tidus is only one part of your problem with FFX.

fixed^^

I agree that he was a wanker though, it didn't ruin the game for me. I very much enjoyed it, story, music, gameplay and some characters. That's the beauty of Final Fantasy, it's not just the one character you get to control without any other significant characters.

But i am not here to argue your opinion about X, you're just no fan and that's fine by me. 

Only FF game I played is FF3 for the DS. Decent enough experience.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Carl2291 said:
enditall727 said:

I don't really like FFX-2. The thing that gave your scar away was when you said the only memorable track of FFX was Zanarkand. I guess it all depends on what you ment by that. You can say what you want about FFX but Square went CRAZY on that FFX sound track lol

and i mean the good kind of crazy

So really the only thing you disagree on is the soundtrack?

Mainly

That FFX soundtrack was crazy. I find myself listening to the FFX soundtrack a lot more than any others. I would go so far as to say that the FFX soundtrack is the BEST game soundtrack ever made. I just have not ran into a full soundtrack that tops the ffx soundtrack and RPGs have the most well rounded soundtracks in my opinion

enditall727 said:

Mainly

That FFX soundtrack was crazy. I find myself listening to the FFX soundtrack a lot more than any others. I would go so far as to say that the FFX soundtrack is the BEST game soundtrack ever made. I just have not ran into a full soundtrack that tops the ffx soundtrack and RPGs have the most well rounded soundtracks in my opinion

One of my favorite FF tunes:

Around the Network

play 5 to 10 don't waste yuh time on any other the ones before 5 are good but to old and the ones after 10 are rubbish ! on and surely play final fantasy tactics for ps1 or psp and surely play final fantasy tactics advance 1 for Gameboy that was awesome

wolfofthepack said:
play 5 to 10 don't waste yuh time on any other the ones before 5 are good but to old and the ones after 10 are rubbish ! on and surely play final fantasy tactics for ps1 or psp and surely play final fantasy tactics advance 1 for Gameboy that was awesome

How much older is IV compared to V from a technological point of view? I never noticed a very important difference technologically except that FFV had it seems more colors and sometimes bigger monsters. Nothing game-breaking in IV as compared to V technically-speaking, as far as I remember.

weaveworld said:
Isn't it just funny that people are repelled by excellent games just because they don't like the main character. Which means in their case that the game sucks...

My guess is people calling Cloud, Squall and Tidus cry-babies and therefor not liking the game probably identify themselves too much with the main character.

Well @OneHappyGamer almost opened up the gates of hell with this thread. He was close but do you know what would've happened if he would have asked "What Final Fantasy is the best one?" ALL HELL would've broken loose! We would sit here arguing all day about which Final Fantasy is the best. Usually the one that wins this epic battle is FF7 with FF6 taking a close 2nd.

There are some FF fans who don't like Tidus. I love him but not more than some others. You also have to remember that these characters had different personalities so Tidus was the type who wanted what he wants if that makes any sense lol. Like when they found Yuna and wanted to wait a bit but Tidus wasn't having any of that "wait" bullsh!t lol. He found Yuna and Tidus wanted to rescue her right then and there lol

Squall was more of the " ..oh who cares.." Type of guy. If somebody came up to squall and wanted to fight, he would probably be like "... Whatever.."

I'm sure you already know this stuff though

I am now going to quote one of squalls infamous sayings from FF8

"...."

happydolphin said:
wolfofthepack said:

How much older is IV compared to V from a technological point of view? I never noticed a very important difference technologically except that FFV had it seems more colors and sometimes bigger monsters. Nothing game-breaking in IV as compared to V technically-speaking, as far as I remember.

enditall727 said:

I am now going to quote one of squalls infamous sayings from FF8

"...."

I loved how he managed to express himself with so little words ;p